Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 3 Oct 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

If you don't mind staying slightly on the outskirts then the Coach & Horses in Kew is beautiful. Its a lovely pub with gorgeous rooms, it also has a free secure car park (unusual for London!). It is opposite Kew Gardens and within easy reach of Hampton Court. There are lots of really nice places to eat at around it too and Kew is a lovely village. We have stayed there lots of times and the people that own it are really nice.
Edited to add: You can get either the tube or the train into London from here. The tube station is about 15 minutes walk away or the train station is just a couple of minutes walk over the bridge from the hotel.

Edited at 06:07 PM.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You could book the National Theatre car park on Justpark- it’s right on the South Bank and usually £17 per 24 hours. But you’ll have to pay congestion charge unless registered electric. Stay in central London if you actually want to be in London I would say personally. You will pay the congestion charge on 2 days - going in and out if you dump the car there. That’s £15 each day. If you are paying parking charges elsewhere as suggested, you’ll end up paying more than £30 for the family travelling in and out. Fair enough if it’s free, but overall cost would be about £80- is it worth all the hassle for that (although appreciate accommodation may be cheaper).
I wouldn’t stay in Heathrow personally.
If you want to stay outside in a good area, and maybe travel in I’d highly recommend Teddington and the Lensbury Hotel which has free parking, Teddington is a very nice area, and you can travel in from there.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
If you don't mind staying slightly on the outskirts then the Coach & Horses in Kew is beautiful. Its a lovely pub with gorgeous rooms, it also has a free secure car park (unusual for London!). It is opposite Kew Gardens and within easy reach of Hampton Court. There are lots of really nice places to eat at around it too and Kew is a lovely village. We have stayed there lots of times and the people that own it are really nice.
Edited to add: You can get either the tube or the train into London from here. The tube station is about 15 minutes walk away or the train station is just a couple of minutes walk over the bridge from the hotel.
Thank you This looks perfect. Such a good price too. Our daughter is 16 ( I know we shouldn’t really share a premier inn really) but the child age is showing as up to 14. I would have booked this but she could get away with 15 but not 14. What a shame.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thank you This looks perfect. Such a good price too. Our daughter is 16 ( I know we shouldn’t really share a premier inn really) but the child age is showing as up to 14. I would have booked this but she could get away with 15 but not 14. What a shame.
I would ring them and maybe ask if this would be ok. As I said the people that own the pub and run the reception etc are incredibly accommodating. One one of our visits we had to leave after a couple of nights as I was very unwell. When DH went to reception and explained they refunded the nights we couldn't stay, even though we weren't expecting them to.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You could book the National Theatre car park on Justpark- it’s right on the South Bank and usually £17 per 24 hours. But you’ll have to pay congestion charge unless registered electric. Stay in central London if you actually want to be in London I would say personally. You will pay the congestion charge on 2 days - going in and out if you dump the car there. That’s £15 each day. If you are paying parking charges elsewhere as suggested, you’ll end up paying more than £30 for the family travelling in and out. Fair enough if it’s free, but overall cost would be about £80- is it worth all the hassle for that (although appreciate accommodation may be cheaper).
I wouldn’t stay in Heathrow personally.
If you want to stay outside in a good area, and maybe travel in I’d highly recommend Teddington and the Lensbury Hotel which has free parking, Teddington is a very nice area, and you can travel in from there.
I do kind of agree about the hassle for the sake of saving £30. I know I couldn’t drive in to London but husband wouldn’t mind.
I will take a look at Teddington. Unfortunately the Lensbury doesn’t seem to have family rooms.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Sorry to jump in, this looks lovely.

Do you know how far it is to central London via tube from here?
Which station and line is it?
Thank you.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Sorry to jump in, this looks lovely.

Do you know how far it is to central London via tube from here?
Which station and line is it?
Thank you.
It’s close to the district line, the station is Kew, which will get you into central London. Alternatively an easy train swap at Hammersmith will get you to other parts of London.
Top Gear did a race from Kew Green in one episode where they raced to city airport by car, train, push bike and boat.
Kew and the surrounding areas of Chiswick and Richmond are all nice
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I do kind of agree about the hassle for the sake of saving £30. I know I couldn’t drive in to London but husband wouldn’t mind.
I will take a look at Teddington. Unfortunately the Lensbury doesn’t seem to have family rooms.
We stopped in a really large corner room with two king sized beds in it. Room was huge.
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

How many of you are there? Citizen M Tower of London have rooms for £304 , and bank £299 for mon-weds - but they only sleep two. My daughter (19) stayed a couple of nights in the tower one, and loved it. It’s right next to Tower Hill station, and she had a view of the shard and Skygarden from her room! You could park somewhere in north London (like Stanmore) and get the tube in.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by porridge View Post
How many of you are there? Citizen M Tower of London have rooms for £304 , and bank £299 for mon-weds - but they only sleep two. My daughter (19) stayed a couple of nights in the tower one, and loved it. It’s right next to Tower Hill station, and she had a view of the shard and Skygarden from her room! You could park somewhere in north London (like Stanmore) and get the tube in.
Thank you. These look good, and great value too. There are 3 of us though. Daughter is 16 but we wouldn’t want to be in 2 rooms.