Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 21, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Wisdom tooth extraction

Had a hole in it and it was hurting so hot an emergency appointment last Wednesday, as I can’t seem to get in anywhere other than private, he said it will be best to remove and did it the next day (Thursday)
Not too much pain, taking paracetamols etc. was ok to work Saturday.

Today it’s hurt. Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen. Got to the max in 24hr so took tramadol and it’s just been getting worse throughout the day.

I’m so tired and up at 7 but the pain is awful to try and sleep.

Will have to call the dentist in the morning and tell them or call 111. Feels like I am constantly getting hit with a frying pan.

Anyone else had issues or horrid pain after tooth removal?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

I’ve had a tooth extracted but the pain went after a couple of days. What you have doesn’t sound right so I think you are right to see a dentist ASAP.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holiday time View Post
I’ve had a tooth extracted but the pain went after a couple of days. What you have doesn’t sound right so I think you are right to see a dentist ASAP.
Just googled. Could be dry socket maybe?

Hope they can get me back in otherwise might have to call 111 again
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Just googled dry socket and ouch that sounds painful! Hopefully you have managed to get to sleep and can get an emergency appointment in the morning. Good luck!
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I had mine out last Tuesday and the pain is still really intense one week on , I looked it up and it says could hurt for days so presumed this was normal . Do you think I need to go back ? Also how do you know if it’s a dry socket?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Sounds like dry socket.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Usually after a tooth extraction, the pain would be easing after 3-5 days and should be manageable with OTC pain relief. If after 3-5 days you are suffering worsening pain that is unable to be controlled by regular OTC pain relief then I would get back to your dentist asap. Definitely sounds like dry socket which is not pleasant . The dentist will probably flush out the socket and pack it with medicated gauze. Was it an upper or lower tooth? Can you see it in a mirror? Keep up with the pain relief!
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyStacey View Post
Usually after a tooth extraction, the pain would be easing after 3-5 days and should be manageable with OTC pain relief. If after 3-5 days you are suffering worsening pain that is unable to be controlled by regular OTC pain relief then I would get back to your dentist asap. Definitely sounds like dry socket which is not pleasant . The dentist will probably flush out the socket and pack it with medicated gauze. Was it an upper or lower tooth? Can you see it in a mirror? Keep up with the pain relief!
Upper. Used a little mirror and it just looks like a deep hole.
Pain isn’t as bad this morning. Not better but being controlled with paracetamol and ibroprofen.
Tramadol did nothing for it yesterday
Old 5 Oct 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I had an upper molar out 2 weeks ago and ended up with dry socket. The pain was awful and was waking me up in the night. The whole of one side of my head including my teeth throbbed like hell. My dentist cleaned it and packed it out with dissolvable gauze which has now dissolved, but I am still in pain- although nothing like what it was and paracetamol and rinsing out regularly with salt water helps.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Sounds like it might be dry socket dd had it after a tooth extraction and she was in so much pain .
They flushed it with antibiotics and packed it plus gave her a course of antibotics too
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List