Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 8 Oct 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Anyone from Liverpool?

My daughter is attending an Open Day at Liverpool John Moore's next week. We really don't know the city so I would like some advice. We are looking at the Mount Pleasant campus, around the cathedrals. My husband and 14 year old son are travelling with us, but not attending the open day. Does anyone have suggestions for them to occupy themselves for a few hours? They won't have access to our car, so it would need to be local. All suggestions welcome!
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

The World museum isn't far to walk from there. Its completely free and amazing. Could easily spend all day inside and a cafe. Not sure if you still have to book tickets due to Covid. Think the observatory by appointment and not sure if chargable too.

The city is relatively small so could walk to the Albert Dock for a wander in about 25 mins.

If it's the weekend check out if Everton/Liverpool football teams are at 'home'. This can make the city additionally busy and rowdy depending on who is playing.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

A very long time ago, I went to the University of Liverpool, which is much the same location. It was always an easy walk into the city centre and I regularly did this even between lectures. It is a small city centre too, I would probably just point them off into the centre and let them wander, they can easily walk down to the docklands area too.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Brilliant. Thank you both for your advice.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Agree with the above. It’s a relatively small space and they won’t be far from the shops and restaurants and also the museums down at the docks.

They’ll find plenty to occupy themselves.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Bold Street is good for different casual eateries if they need food 😀 There are plenty free museums, some on William Brown street and some near the dock area.
I think there is an indoors crazy golf Ghetto golf at the Cains brewery, 15-20 minutes walk from the centre.

Edited to say I looked at the crazy golf and it's over 18's only sorry
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 01:07 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Just discovered Arcains video game arcade, at Cains Brewery... my bet is my son will vote for this!
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Nothing to add to the other great advice apart from if you are looking for somewhere to eat then there are lots of lovely places on Hope St right near the Uni. I went to Moose Coffee with dd for brunch a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. The pancakes and French toast were amazing.
moosecoffee.co/our-menu
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The slave museum at the docks very intesting Beatles museum
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

Living in Liverpool i would say the beauty of the city is its a large but small at the same time. Walking from brownlow hill down there are many things they could do. All the museums are worth a visit. For a view of the city goto central library next to the world museum and head to the top floor were you can walk out onto the roof area for a good view. If your thinking about paid items you have a couple of bowling places or the VR centre in st john shoppin mall. But guess it depends what they like. If they are into music then the British Music Experience is another place to visit. For a couple of different options williamsontunnels which is up near the uni is a differnt experience or book onto a walking heritage tour. If they like water sports then liverpoolwatersports offer paddleboarding in the albert dock or canoes. If they are football fans then maybe a trip to anfield for a tour (simple bus ride away). Basically lots of options depending on weather and likes.
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List