Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Nov 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

Question Buy a car in Florida?

Here's a question for you guys.

With the price of car hire so high at the moment it would be cheaper to buy a vehicle while there.

Is this doable, could you get the title (V5) for the vehicle, how about getting insurance and maybe strike a deal with the owner or garage to sell the vehicle back to them at the end of your holiday.

I know you wouldn't be travelling around in a top of the range Tahoe/Suburban but there is plenty of vehicles out there.

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
In a two week holiday lol, maybe if you were there for 3 months or so it maybe worth exploring, but not for me no.
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Would it not just be easier to pay for ubers..
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Lot of effort to save how much?

Used car prices are crazy too, so you’re gonna need a large outlay to get more than an old banger out there, then how do you sell and how much will you lose overall?

My advice would be to spend time in the car hire forum and jump on the deals found. A bit of time and effort and you’ll get a near normal price for your car hire.

I’ve booked 5 minivans over the last few months for between £850-1100 for 3 weeks for Nov 21, March and august 23. Not the best prices but no where near the £2500-3500 you’ll see on most sites most of the time you search. Minivans are one of the hardest. Normal cars have been pretty easy to come by.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Lot of effort to save how much?

Used car prices are crazy too, so you’re gonna need a large outlay to get more than an old banger out there, then how do you sell and how much will you lose overall?

My advice would be to spend time in the car hire forum and jump on the deals found. A bit of time and effort and you’ll get a near normal price for your car hire.

I’ve booked 5 minivans over the last few months for between £850-1100 for 3 weeks for Nov 21, March and august 23. Not the best prices but no where near the £2500-3500 you’ll see on most sites most of the time you search. Minivans are one of the hardest. Normal cars have been pretty easy to come by.
I know it's a bit off the wall, just thought I'd put it out there (something to talk about).

I'd love to know who you booked with, £850-£1100 sounds like a great deal at the moment.

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Durrigan's View Post
I know it's a bit off the wall, just thought I'd put it out there (something to talk about).

I'd love to know who you booked with, £850-£1100 sounds like a great deal at the moment.
I have 3 live reservations with Andy, ebookers and auto-Europe. The deals and tricks come up all the time. You just have to book when you see one for your dates. They all have free cancellation anyway.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The answer is that without a permanent address no you cannot register a vehicle. There is a certain Dibber who holidays for nearly 6 months of the year out there that owns a vehicle. However she has a place to leave it and ensures that it is Insured and maintained.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I have 3 live reservations with Andy, ebookers and auto-Europe. The deals and tricks come up all the time. You just have to book when you see one for your dates. They all have free cancellation anyway.
Aww thanks. I've booked with Andy a few times over the years and I'd hope to book with him again because he provides a brilliant service.

Old 1 Nov 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

I don’t know about a car but looking at some of the flight prices, it might be an option to all chip in and buy a Dibb plane. 🤣. Maybe one of the outgoing Virgin planes? Make Branson an offer 👍
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
been watching old top gear ?
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List