Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Nov 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I’ve tried really hard with this Doctor but I just can’t warm to her.
Got the Day of the Doctor 50th anniversary downloaded - love that episode. Might just stick with that

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I watched this weekend's Weeping Angels episode yesterday - must say it's probably the best episode so far of the entire Jodie era. Proper Who stuff.
Old 23 Nov 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I watched this weekend's Weeping Angels episode yesterday - must say it's probably the best episode so far of the entire Jodie era. Proper Who stuff.
I agree. I watched it last night as Sky had auto recorded it and it was superb. It was probably one of the very best episodes of Dr Who ever for me. The false ending nearly caught me out - pleased watched it right to second rolling of the credits - that 5 mins was pure TV magic
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I agree. I watched it last night as Sky had auto recorded it and it was superb. It was probably one of the very best episodes of Dr Who ever for me. The false ending nearly caught me out - pleased watched it right to second rolling of the credits - that 5 mins was pure TV magic
Thanks for that,i did flip over after the first credits,just caught the last bit on iPlayer
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Totally agree. The best one for ages.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
Thanks for that,i did flip over after the first credits,just caught the last bit on iPlayer
Yes I went to make a cup of tea then saw new scenes after the theme tune playing = pivotal ones at that 👍
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We’ve just gone back to watch the extra bit - thanks for the heads up

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Absolute rubbish, watched two episodes and no more for me. The whole premise is ridiculous and doesn’t follow the dr who universe.
I can’t see many enjoying it at all
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Totally agree. The best one for ages.
Anther brilliant episode last night. Admittedly it started off a bit shaky for me but it want long that I was loving it. Sort of cant wait for next week but will also be sad that its the last of 6 / 6
Old 6 Dec 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Well, that series was... energetic and frantic, with Chibnall throwing everything into the mix. The last episode thundered along and didn't seem to slow down for a moment. It was fun, interesting, more enjoyable than the last two seasons...

... but it was also a mess. There were times where I wasn't sure what was going on. There were things that didn't make sense (to me anyway). It felt rushed. It felt like the season needed 10 eps instead of 6. There were too many storylines and they weren't handled that clearly. My wife had pretty much given up because it was all too confusing.

Now, we were told an episode or two ago that the Flux was meant to wipe out out universe and the Division was going to start on a new universe. The Earth was going to be the last bit of the Universe to be destroyed. So, with the Doctor saving the day and stopping Earth from being destroyed, doesn't it still mean that 99% of the rest of the universe is/was destroyed?

What the heck was Swarm and Azure's plan exactly? They seemed to be wanting to destroy all of space in the universe - which was the same plan Division had. They seemed really powerful - able to teleport anywhere, destroy things with just a thought - but then were wiped away by Time even though they no had access to a ship that sat between universes.

First the Sontarans were on Earth and starting a campaign of war across time (their first foray was to the Crimean War). Then they got defeated - or was that just in Liverpool?. Then they were back on Earth but had abadoned their time-travelling war and were planning to use the Flux to double-cross the Daleks and Cybermen. Then, for some reason, they left Earth and were destroyed by the Flux. Why didn't most of them stay on Earth which was protected by those dog-ships?

What was the point of the Grand Serpent?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:35 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List