Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Blinds for sunroom

We have just moved into a new house and choosing blinds for our sunroom. We are deciding between night and day and roller blinds. For those that have any experience which works best? We dont plan to have them pulled all the time as our garden is private TIA
Old 15 Nov 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

Have you got the sort of windows that you can use the easyfix blinds in?
I’ll be getting those for our conservatory when we come to change our roller blinds, they look so much neater as they clip into the frame and you can pull them down or pull them up from the bottom.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

No they need to be a custom order! Most of the times the blinds will be up, just wondering if we should go with either roller or day or nighty
Old 15 Nov 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

We've just put a day and night blind up in the back bedroom. I like that it gives privacy without blocking all the light out.

We are going to go with them for our lounge bay window but they are going to have to be custom made as we need four and window sizes are odd. No way would I trust us to get them right and if the company makes a mistake they will have to sort it out.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

My mum and dad went for roller blinds, that are remote controlled due to the height of them and also they use them a lot because of the sun shining in, they are great
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
We've just put a day and night blind up in the back bedroom. I like that it gives privacy without blocking all the light out.

We are going to go with them for our lounge bay window but they are going to have to be custom made as we need four and window sizes are odd. No way would I trust us to get them right and if the company makes a mistake they will have to sort it out.

I think they are great for a bedroom or lounge. I wont have them down all the time so wondering if the roller blinds would be a better option for us as when they are up they will be mostly out of sight!.

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
My mum and dad went for roller blinds, that are remote controlled due to the height of them and also they use them a lot because of the sun shining in, they are great
Oh yeah remote controlled are fab, I like the fact I can get full blackout, we will probably only have them down when watching TV to block out the sunlight.
Old 15 Nov 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We went for day/night blinds everywhere. We are very happy with them.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
I think they are great for a bedroom or lounge. I wont have them down all the time so wondering if the roller blinds would be a better option for us as when they are up they will be mostly out of sight!.
They are the same as roller blinds when up.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
They are the same as roller blinds when up.
Ohhhh I didn't know that thx
Old 15 Nov 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

dunelm/product/stria...0&gclsrc=3p.ds

See if this link works to show what they look like. They are one long piece of material on two rollers with a weighted bar in the middle.

We've only had one quote so far for custom made but they had a cover that went over the top and hid the roller.