Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Nov 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Out there gasbuddy.com is your friend. You can't access it from here anymore.
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
With Alamo I return empty but pay for the tank full as I exit the barrier.

The prices are displayed by where the Guy sits and are within a Cent or two of prices locally. Not the rip off prices of the few con artists right by the airport or what Alamo et al charge you if you don't have a package or have pre paid in place.
Is this when you are collecting your car at the start of your holiday as you leave the car hire place?
Last time we were with Avis and paid extra to leave car back empty - I think it was something like £50. But the hassle of finding a fuel station close to the airport has always been a problem for us, so it was lovely to not have to worry about it.

We haven't booked car hire yet, but from your link to Virgin's site last week I was able to get 'reasonable' prices with Alamo, but Andy wasn't able to beat them at this stage. Will probably leave it to the New Year, but knowing we have the option to pay fuel, would be handy.
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Out there gasbuddy.com is your friend. You can't access it from here anymore.
I can and I'm not using a VPN. Just have to click a box with 'I'm not a robot' then you are in.

$3.26 at Speedway at the moment.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Is this when you are collecting your car at the start of your holiday as you leave the car hire place?
Last time we were with Avis and paid extra to leave car back empty - I think it was something like £50. But the hassle of finding a fuel station close to the airport has always been a problem for us, so it was lovely to not have to worry about it.

We haven't booked car hire yet, but from your link to Virgin's site last week I was able to get 'reasonable' prices with Alamo, but Andy wasn't able to beat them at this stage. Will probably leave it to the New Year, but knowing we have the option to pay fuel, would be handy.
Yes right at the start. The prices are on the exit booth where the Alamo employee checks you out of the parking/collection lot.

It looks like this.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
But the hassle of finding a fuel station close to the airport has always been a problem for us, so it was lovely to not have to worry about it.
There is a newish (I think) very big Shell filling station on the approach to the airport well after leaving the 417 that charges normal prices which is quite handy though I must confess to normally filling up at the 7/11 on Old Lake Wilson Rd as it still shows as full when I arrive at the airport
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Thanks Tom.
Old 18 Nov 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
There is a newish (I think) very big Shell filling station on the approach to the airport well after leaving the 417 that charges normal prices which is quite handy though I must confess to normally filling up at the 7/11 on Old Lake Wilson Rd as it still shows as full when I arrive at the airport
That's good to know. Especially if we don't manage to sort return empty. We have been known in previous years to end up driving around those wee back roads near the airport to get the car topped up.
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I always filled up at the 7/11 on the corner of 535/536 just before the greenway and that still shows as full when get to MCO
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Current Gasbuddy prices for Melbourne

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I can and I'm not using a VPN. Just have to click a box with 'I'm not a robot' then you are in.

$3.26 at Speedway at the moment.
Just a quick heads up for upcoming TUI passengers, there appears plenty of gas stations around Melbourne airport according to the Gasbuddy website, prices at the moment range $3.12 to $3.35 a gallon...
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gasman66 View Post
Just a quick heads up for upcoming TUI passengers, there appears plenty of gas stations around Melbourne airport according to the Gasbuddy website, prices at the moment range $3.12 to $3.35 a gallon...
Nice one Gasman.
I’ve just done a virtual ‘drive thru’ the airport on Google Street View. Blink and you’ll miss it, makes Sanford look like Heathrow😳
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List