Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Nov 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Tappen edit or Kobe Japanese

We have seen a few vlogs but can’t decide on those alone

Which is best in terms of entertainment, quality of food and value for money

We are a family of 4
2 adults and 2 teens
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Value for money would definitely be Kobe. My daughters both love it.
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Kobe definitely, food is far better and you get a lot more for your money. Chefs are good entertainers in both.
Theres also one called Benihana that's also good
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
They're both teppanyaki restaurants that follow a pretty familiar script in terms of offering and "performing" chefs.

I've not been to Kobe, but given the usual off-site v on-site comparison, I'd expect Kobe to be cheaper than Teppan Edo. We've been to Teppan Edo numerous times, and it's a firm family favourite.

Cheaper doesn't necessarily equate to value-for-money, of course. For example, if you are enjoying, or planning on enjoying, an evening in Epcot, you'd probably consider Teppan Edo as offering more value as it allows you to enjoy a meal without having to schlep your way off property to the restaurant.

Benihana is a large teppanyaki chain, with plenty of restaurants around Florida and a couple in London too.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Unpopular but I found Teppen Edo really overrated. DW enjoyed it but if I’m being honest I’m not a fan of sharing a table with others and thought it very expensive for what it was.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Unpopular but I found Teppen Edo really overrated. DW enjoyed it but if I’m being honest I’m not a fan of sharing a table with others
That's the teppanyaki style, but I can see it it a bit of a Marmite setup - you'll either like it or not.

We had a slightly uncomfortable experience on a visit to Benihana where we shared with a group of quite drunk, loud and boisterous locals out in Stuart on the Atlantic coast.

It was fine during the meal itself and we got on with them well, but when we'd all finished eating they started trying it on to get their bill reduced or completely comp-ed. They tried to drag us into their argument with the restaurant manager which we didn't like as we'd had a great meal and had no cause for complaint.

In a conventional dining setup, that clearly wouldn't have happened as we'd be seated alone.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Kobe is great, with a slightly different offering from Benihana, we love both places
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Done both Teppan Edo and Kobe.

Show - both have talented chefs to keep you entertained
Food - Kobe more than edged it
Value - Kobe hands down
Setting - Teppan Edo, but that's just because you're "in" Japan in World Showcase... you could always just spend your time in Mitsukoshi to get the Japan vibe...

Summary? We've done Teppan Edo once - loved it. We plan a Kobe every visit now.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Definitely Kobe - one of our ‘must do’s’. 😀

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Kobe was good value.
I think it was $19 for steak and you got masses of veg, noodles and rice with it. I had plenty of food for leftovers the next day for lunch
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List