Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Nov 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
laurenxx24
Trading Disney Pins

British airways meal times

hi everyone, just wondering what times into the flight food is served flying with ba. Our flight leaves at 11.30 from gatwick. We are planning on getting some food from boots to cover us incase we dont like the plane food. Thanks
laurenxx24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I dont think there is an exact time however from recollection it’s normally on average a couple hours into the flight then a snack around 90 minutes before landing. Hopefully someone else will be able to confirm timing for you. I often take a sandwich or snack items with me incase I don’t like the food as am a fussy eater and get hangry when I’m hungry lol
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I dont think there is an exact time however from recollection it’s normally on average a couple hours into the flight then a snack around 90 minutes before landing. Hopefully someone else will be able to confirm timing for you. I often take a sandwich or snack items with me incase I don’t like the food as am a fussy eater and get hangry when I’m hungry lol
Sorry to add to original posters question, but what happens on late evening flights, ours is 6pm Heathrow to New York. Would it be a dinner style meal at 8pm ish (UK time) then a snack a couple of hours before we land at 9pm US time? Thanks 😊
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

It's always the same pattern of drinks about an hour into the flight, meal about 2 hrs in, then a snack or light meal about 1.5 hrs from landing. Always starving as soon as we take off and that 2 hrs seems such a long time! I'm always in a dilemma of do I eat the food I bought or wait until the meal comes and decide if I like it or not! If it's 11.30 take off, have a big breakfast at the airport which should see you through until the meal on the plane.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I always grab a sandwich to take on board just in case I don't like the menu choices on board. I'd rather waste a few quid on something I have to bin on arrival than be hungry for 9 hours.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Last week we were served our food 2hrs into the flight to MCO
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

My flight is 1:30pm from LHR, I guess we will have an early light lunch at the airport expecting food service around 3:30pm
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, served about two hours after take off, then again 90 minutes before landing. Thought the portions for both meals were stingy compared to previous flights (and I didn't like them much) so I was glad I'd taken snacks on board.

Main meal - chicken with barley:

Smaller meal:

Edited at 01:26 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
As above, served about two hours after take off, then again 90 minutes before landing. Thought the portions for both meals were stingy compared to previous flights (and I didn't like them much) so I was glad I'd taken snacks on board.

Main meal - chicken with barley:

Smaller meal:

Yep doesnt look the best. Think I will grab a meal deal for the plane, to go with the alcohol.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List