Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I saw Biden’s chief epidemologist say ‘If it were up to me, only fully vaccinated would travel’. This is the situation now for over 18’s so he can only mean kids.
It will probably take 1-2 weeks to come in.
He/she could mean US citizens who can leave the US and return unvaccinated.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Hopefully the 7 day quarantine aspect does not happen. It does say it is not in the draft proposal being discussed at the moment. I find it hard to believe that it would be added and get through.

Best case scenario for us in this is that the 24hr test goes ahead and the 3-5 day test is unsupervised and unchecked so we can just take our own tests in our cases.

We fly next Saturday, with our current test booked for Wednesday. We said we could start getting excited after the Wednesday test, but now that will literally be on the Friday that we drive down to Heathrow. That will be an interesting day!

I will not book another holiday for the foreseeable after this experience. I'm fairly organised and positive but it has been far too involved for 10 days away and spending £6k. The drip drip of further expense is hard to swallow. I should have kept the money.

It's only for our kids (and secondly potential money lost) that we are still mustering enthusiasm to persevere.

I say this as a DVC member with an assumption of going every year. I will rent our 320 points out next year unless things significantly improve.
We fly next Saturday too, tests booked for first thing Thursday so will be prepared to move them to Friday 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

Yorkshire T - yes within two weeks what is already announced the testing changes. Anything else would be longer. .

There are more exceptions than just children and I think it is probably one of those where science wants it stricter than politics. It could change for the 12+ but I think that will be later.

These things are always a balancing exercise - the UK I think is aware that its side is mainly returning nationals from holidays so PCR test on landing and quarantine is easy to implement.

The US wants travel (particularly business) to come in so testing 1 day before matches it requirements.

Given the announcement tomorrow and 1-2 weeks to implement I guess it depends - your countdown is not far off mine (slightly less) and I think we will be fine on these requirements unless the data massively changes (and so far that is looking fairly positive) but more things could be brought in the New Year.

Both the US/UK I think are sensible to tighten up first with requirements that are still feasible for travel and take it from there. I would say February/March is probably potentially more complicated as that is further ahead. But 12-15 years old could be done by then (they just need to be able to show it which I assume could be part of the rollout)
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

An American friend told me this late last night,if quarantine is required,then I'm out,I don't care if I lose the lot,no holiday is worth this stress.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Ah we are due to do our tests tonight for travel on Saturday... I really hope he doesn't implimemt it before then or it will be a mad dash to re test on Friday 😭
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

All this news is so worrying for upcoming holidays! I found out staysure won’t provide any cover in the event of taking the holiday and going red list ! Even if we decided to stay the insurance goes invalid and wouldn’t even cover a broken leg! It all seems stacked against us at the moment! My worry is my holiday is in 4 weeks and the end of it is mid January… a lot could change by then! The uncertainty is horrid
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Ah we are due to do our tests tonight for travel on Saturday... I really hope he doesn't implimemt it before then or it will be a mad dash to re test on Friday 😭
We are in the same boat - tonight for Friday but from what I am reading the implementation would be at the very earliest next week.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
All this news is so worrying for upcoming holidays! I found out staysure won’t provide any cover in the event of taking the holiday and going red list ! Even if we decided to stay the insurance goes invalid and wouldn’t even cover a broken leg! It all seems stacked against us at the moment! My worry is my holiday is in 4 weeks and the end of it is mid January… a lot could change by then! The uncertainty is horrid
Are you sure about the insurance? When we bought ours it's was meant for all scenarios.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Are you sure about the insurance? When we bought ours it's was meant for all scenarios.
Unfortunately yes- I thought it was fine! I live chatted with them last night and this is what the lady told me. I didn’t even ask the question she just volunteered the answer. Said there is not policy that covers it to the USA with them! May be worth checking x
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
the 7 day quarantine would finish off most people i expect.
That's the entire holiday for us including the flight home 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List