Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jul 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Paulhumby
Having Dinner with Goofy

I believe Ford dropped fitting the V6 engines in the Mustangs in 2017
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi All

I've never pre booked a car before so I am totally new to all of this, Only car we've ever hired was a last minute on the day mustang in Vegas ( which was beautiful) but 3 kids later we need some advice on what will be big enough for us, 2 are still in the small booster seats and we will have probably 4 cases with us. Also the whole process totally confuses me, do we need the extra insurances offered ? sorry for sounding thick I'm not honestly :P

current options are the ford escape or the gran Cherokee but not sure if we would fit our luggage in it
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch_Lover
Searching for Stitch

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
Hi All

I've never pre booked a car before so I am totally new to all of this, Only car we've ever hired was a last minute on the day mustang in Vegas ( which was beautiful) but 3 kids later we need some advice on what will be big enough for us, 2 are still in the small booster seats and we will have probably 4 cases with us. Also the whole process totally confuses me, do we need the extra insurances offered ? sorry for sounding thick I'm not honestly :P

current options are the ford escape or the gran Cherokee but not sure if we would fit our luggage in it
I had the option of a ford escape back in Jan, try looking at Full Size SUV we decided to go for the Chevy Tahoe there was plenty of space for 4 adults and the 3rd row seats folded down getting 4 large suit cases in easy

1979 , 1996 , 1997 , 2000 , 2002 , 2015 , 2015 , 2018 ,1st Solo trip 2018 Booked 2023
Stitch_Lover is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
Hi All

This is a view of the cargo space in a Ford Escape. Keep in mind..the seat on the left is down but it should be just ok for you as you only need to have the bags to/from airport..correct? Personally..might be a good idea for a minivan.
You be the judge though

West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19

Edited at 09:37 PM.
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ianclapham
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Thank you
Just what I have booked.

What are the other options other than the Explorer?

Originally Posted by DavieBhoy View Post
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Category of car hired:- Standard SUV
Make of car you got:- Ford Explorer Limited
Hire car company used:- Alamo (brits)
Paid - £316 all in

Arrived at MCO on 5th October, went straight to the Alamo parking lot. No sign of a Ford Explorer which I was determined that I wanted. I went back to the kiosk to ask one of the assistants if she had a Ford Explorer and explained that I had always wanted one. She did a quick phone call to her boss and about 5-10 mins later after hanging around not sure whether I was getting the car I wanted or not and then one of the staff drew up in a Ford Explorer... great success! I gave $20 to the assistant that I had originally spoken too and off we went.
Very nice car with all the mod cons you could ask for including full leather interior, Sat Nat (although I still used my own Sat Nav as I prefer it)... with the option of Sport mode which I used all the time! Although I needed a few trips to the gas station but I was on holiday so hey ho!
The seats went flat in the back which was ideal for the cases and this was done at the flick of a switch.
All in all fab car!

Ianclapham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Awesome and very helpful :-)
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
battyheather
Getting Excited

Hi. Just booked a 7 seater people caravan. Said like a dodge or pacifica. I have 3 children in car seats plus two adults. Trying to work out if this will be big enough. I Originally booked just a full size car but changed my
Mind
battyheather is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by battyheather View Post
Hi. Just booked a 7 seater people caravan. Said like a dodge or pacifica. I have 3 children in car seats plus two adults. Trying to work out if this will be big enough. I Originally booked just a full size car but changed my
Mind
You've added this post to a Sticky that hasn't been posted on for about 18 months and may not be seen by many. You'll get more response if you start a new thread in the car forum. Sadly I can't help as we only ever rent a saloon.

Mick
Old 21 Feb 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by battyheather View Post
Mind
I use this site to compare cars.

Just look at the category you want and then it lists in order of preference. Each car has a detailed breakdown explaining how much room in the cabin, boot space etc.

I find it really useful to research the typical cars from a particular company and then get yourself a preference list. Obviously you may end up with what you're given, but it's nice to be prepared if there is any flexibility and ensure you don't get the 'wrong' car; or just hire a bigger size if the car isn't big enough.

cars.usnews/cars-trucks/...navcarrankings
Old 21 Feb 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I use this site to compare cars.

Just look at the category you want and then it lists in order of preference. Each car has a detailed breakdown explaining how much room in the cabin, boot space etc.

I find it really useful to research the typical cars from a particular company and then get yourself a preference list. Obviously you may end up with what you're given, but it's nice to be prepared if there is any flexibility and ensure you don't get the 'wrong' car; or just hire a bigger size if the car isn't big enough.

cars.usnews/cars-trucks/...navcarrankings
TC

Very useful site. Might be worth re-posting in the main car forum when car size is next asked.

Mick