Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 12 - MK & Epcot

The dining report for today is here.

We had originally planned a later day today with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I cancelled the ADR the previous week and yesterday we decided on an earlier start. I was able to rearrange the FP, even 7DMT, with a bit of patience.
Breakfast was in the room while we got ready. We had woken about 7 and took our time so got to MK in time for our first FP which was Splash Mountain at 9.30am.

The monorail was busy. So much so that I think the man standing next to me is now my fiancé. He was certainly close enough to be inappropriate otherwise!

Since we had an hour we took our time and watched a bit of the Move it, Shake it parade. I really like the song but can’t remember if it’s the same as last year. We left as the dancers were coming in to the crowd in case they made us dance.

We rode Splash Mountain with our FP and the ride went down as we came to the end. It was significant enough to need evacuated although I don’t think there was any major issue. I heard them telling someone a sensor had activated and there was nothing they could do until it was sorted.

We were given a multi-use FP so I changed our Big Thunder Mountain FP to Buzz although I can’t remember why I did that.

We were hungry now so went to the spring roll cart. To save me typing again here’s the entry from the dining report.

With such a pitiful breakfast we were hungry soon. We planned to get the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls and just pay for them. I thought we were going to be thwarted as they didn’t have any however the CM said they’d have them in 15 minutes. We went for Dole Whip while we waited. This time I got just raspberry Dole Whip with pineapple juice. Marie got pineapple/pineapple as usual. We were able to get a table at what we call the Aladdin seats next to the shop at the Aladdin meet & greet and enjoyed them there.

By now the spring roll cart had Cheeseburger ones so we got a portion of 2 to share. These cost $7.50 so not bad for a quick snack. Our table was gone so we had to stand an eat them. We really enjoyed these and it’s a shame they’re not on the dining plan.

Once we’d finished eating we headed to Tomorrowland for our Buzz FP via the castle.

We rode Buzz and Marie managed to get 999999! She’s looked online for all the high scoring points! I got something mid-way I think. Marie got a galactic hero badge for her score.

The park was really getting busy now as we had to wait 5 minutes in the People Mover queue.

What is Disney thinking?

After we’d ridden we sat at one of the outside tables in Cosmic Rays to consider our plans. Our next FP for 7DMT was over an hour away and I couldn’t move it. Marie was checking to see where else sold beignets. We decided to use our mulit-use FP on BTM but went there via Mickey’s Philharmagic. This was busier than I’ve seen it too and there was a really annoying woman coming in to our row from the opposite end shouting at us to move as there were 13 of them. I was a bit grumpy so I sat down deciding I wasn’t moving and if I hadn’t left 13 seats that was just too bad.

Have you always been able to see the Contemporary from inside MK?

We next rode BTM then wandered around Briar Patch while we considered lunch. We decided Pecos Bill was close so that would be fine. I got fajitas and Marie tacos.

On our way out we noticed the parade was passing so sat in the outdoor seating to watch it. This was our view but it was fine for someone who’s seen the parade before.

Some of the characters would come over to the fence and wave through. I quite enjoyed watching it from here.

Splash Mountain pic.

It was now time for our 7DMT FP but as we had to follow the parade it took us some time to get there.

After we’d ridden we decided it was time to leave. It was so hot and busy. In hindsight Wednesday was the worst day for MK as it was one of the few non party nights plus it was evening EMH. Lesson learned for next year!

We left via the shop on Main St as I wanted to buy a t-shirt.
We went back to the resort and chilled in the room with a cup of tea. Before we left we’d called housekeeping for loo roll. For the first time they asked how many so I said 4 so we wouldn’t have to call for a while. They left 2 and a pile of towels we hadn’t asked for.

We decided on Epcot for dinner as we wanted to have some more of the Corned Beef from F&W. I made a FP for Soarin’ for before dinner.
We left about 5ish and got parked in Amaze so were close enough to walk to the entrance.

Guardians of the Galaxy building.

We popped in to Sunshine Seasons for some iced water for our bottles. You get this from the fountain drinks machine so I assume it’s ok to just help yourself. No one challenged us anyway.

We rode Soarin’ and while in the queue looked to see what else I could get. There was a FP for Mission: Space but Marie said it was boring and claustrophobic so no. I have to say, she’s not wrong about the boring bit. I miss going to Mars. Instead I made one for Nemo and we rode Living with the Land which had no queue. Not my favourite ride I have to say.

After Nemo
we had a look at the animals. For the first time ever we saw the dolphins. I genuinely thought they didn’t exist! We also looked at the manatees.

Now we were hungry so headed to Fire & Grill for Corned Beef. This wasn’t as nice as last time.

We had decided for dinner we’d just go to the bakery in France for some lobster bisque as Marie had discovered they also did beignets.

Evening Epcot pics.

After dinner we left the park and headed back to the resort. We had the beignets with a cup of tea watching TV.

Before settling down for the night I was rearranging my pillows and discovered a wee beastie under the bottom one. I have no idea how it got there but it triggered a thorough search of both beds to ensure it was alone. Marie reckons it just came in under the door and made its way across. So an unsettled night for me!

I’ve also written LOVEBUGS in my notes so I’ll take this opportunity to say how annoying they were this year. We noticed them a lot at the resort on the ground but only where it was sunny. I think Disney must spray stuff as they were mostly dead but they didn’t seem to have anyone sweeping them up. They’re harmless but annoying.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A tight squueze on the monorail this morning! Still it sounds like a really fun MK morning even if it was busy.

I was pondering your question about the contemporary and if it's always been visible...I can't remember seeing it, but i don't suppose I would have ever looked for it. I'm sure each land is supposed to be it's own little area though, hence the utilidors so that you don't come across a tomorrowland cast member outside haunted mansion for example. I think the theming, line of sight and making sure everything in each land is specific to that area is a big thing, so this makes me think a tree may have been removed and this is why contemporary was visible. Just a guess though, it could have always been there!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A tight squueze on the monorail this morning! Still it sounds like a really fun MK morning even if it was busy.

I was pondering your question about the contemporary and if it's always been visible...I can't remember seeing it, but i don't suppose I would have ever looked for it. I'm sure each land is supposed to be it's own little area though, hence the utilidors so that you don't come across a tomorrowland cast member outside haunted mansion for example. I think the theming, line of sight and making sure everything in each land is specific to that area is a big thing, so this makes me think a tree may have been removed and this is why contemporary was visible. Just a guess though, it could have always been there!
Yes we got a lot done despite the crowd levels.

I think the CR was visible due to the Tron works. I’m assuming trees were there before. It was just one of those weird moments where I thought “I shouldn’t be able to see that from here”!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Well done Marie!

I think Wednesdays must be busy MK days as ours in May was heaving and no special events or anything.

Have you tried Turtle Talk with Crush, I think you'd quite enjoy that too.

A pity the cornedbeef wasn't as nice as before. Were the beignets the same as the ones at FQ? X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Well done Marie!

I think Wednesdays must be busy MK days as ours in May was heaving and no special events or anything.

Have you tried Turtle Talk with Crush, I think you'd quite enjoy that too.

A pity the cornedbeef wasn't as nice as before. Were the beignets the same as the ones at FQ? X
Not sure about Turtle Talk. Isn’t it a load of kids sitting talking to Crush? I think I’d feel weird.

The beignets in France weren’t as nice as the POFQ ones.

Trip Report Index
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Not sure about Turtle Talk. Isn’t it a load of kids sitting talking to Crush? I think I’d feel weird.

The beignets in France weren’t as nice as the POFQ ones.
Kid's sit at the front and talk to Crush yeah but it's quite funny, so adult humour thrown in without being too obvious and it's really good how quick thinking the voice person in, a bit similar to Monsters Inc Laugh floor.

Thanks for that think we'll stick with POFQ x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Kid's sit at the front and talk to Crush yeah but it's quite funny, so adult humour thrown in without being too obvious and it's really good how quick thinking the voice person in, a bit similar to Monsters Inc Laugh floor.

Thanks for that think we'll stick with POFQ x
We’ve not done the Laugh Floor either.
With Turtle Talk I always assumed it would be odd without kids.

Trip Report Index
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

We were in MK that day as well. I remember it being busy round the entrance and bottom of Main Street. We didnt last long !
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
We were in MK that day as well. I remember it being busy round the entrance and bottom of Main Street. We didnt last long !
A crowd like that seems so alien now!

Trip Report Index