Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Oct 20, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

We did both of these during our road trip last year - see trip report in signature! We started and ended in Boston and included up the coast to Bar Harbour, across to North Conway, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Cape Cod - just brilliant.

Stephen King lives in Bangor, Maine and his house is easy to find - just enter Stephen King House on Google maps! Beautiful house with amazing gates. It's Day 5 of the trip report.

We just loved the whole trip and would do it again tomorrow. Please ask if you've any questions.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023

Edited at 01:35 AM.
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by anji View Post
We did both of these during our road trip last year - see trip report in signature! We started and ended in Boston and included up the coast to Bar Harbour, across to North Conway, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Cape Cod - just brilliant.

Stephen King lives in Bangor, Maine and his house is easy to find - just enter Stephen King House on Google maps! Beautiful house with amazing gates. It's Day 5 of the trip report.

We just loved the whole trip and would do it again tomorrow. Please ask if you've any questions.
Am on mobile so can't see the your trip link. Could you post a link to it please would love to read it. Ta
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We have been holidaying in Maine for 30 years though I havent been for a few years, we have friends who own a home in Castine which is a lovely though not very touristy. I remember going to a bar one evening where the local lobster fisherman were singing karaoke, very surreal experience.

I love Boothday harbour and Bar Harbour, hiking in Acadia which also has great biking trails. The small coves and lobster pounds are amazing. Nothing like freshly cooked lobster, corn and red potatoes in the open looking out to sea. Wonderful.

Maine has a good variety of accomodation, we have rented cottages, stayed in chain motels as well as upmarket boutique hotels.

You will enjoy yourselves.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We did a New England road trip a couple of years ago and I confess I wasn’t bothered about really visiting Maine, and just wanted to go so that I could ‘tick off’ another state!

We opted to go to Ogunquit with a day trip to Kennebunkport - it turned out that was definitely my favourite part of the trip.

Ogunquit is gorgeous and so quaint - we all particularly enjoyed the old fashioned cinema we visited whilst we were there. It worked out perfectly as our final stop on the trip was a visit to Cape cod with a ‘Jaws’ film tour in Martha’s Vineyard, but I’d never got around to showing my two boys the film, but whilst we were in Ogunquit they had Jaws showing at their cinema - perfect timing!

I thought the Maine scenery we saw was stunning, and we didn’t even get to the likes of Bar Harbor etc that everyone raves about - I’d definitely love to do a proper Maine trip someday!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Am on mobile so can't see the your trip link. Could you post a link to it please would love to read it. Ta
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1133138

Here it is!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023

Edited at 12:28 PM.
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sigur
Having Dinner with Goofy

We went on a NYC > Boston > Maine > Quebec > Montreal > Toronto > Poconos > NYC road trip last year.

My wife has family in Paris MA so we used that as a base for 5 nights. We loved Maine and would go back tomorrow.
sigur is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Went on a big road Trip a few years ago. Up the coast, liked Camden near Bar Harbour, Cape Cod. Some very nice places but pricey. Went inland and visited Woodstock and Bethel Woods on the way back to New York.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post

Some pics of Maine
I'm sure we have a photo of the same lighthouse but ours is from the other side.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Following this thread as thinking of going in October but Maine and Boston with a few days in Salem .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List