Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Would you book hotels on a maybe?

I’m desperate to do some sort of west coast trip next year although DH is very reluctant to book anything😢, flight prices are good over Easter although ideally summer holidays would be best, so I’m considering booking some hotels on the off chance we can go, would book with free cancellation and pay later option, would anyone else do this?🙄 DH will think I’m nuts though!

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I have already!
I’ve booked flights through my local travel agent to Seattle & San Francisco with small deposit. They’re allowing up to 3 free amendments & giving deposits back up till 10 weeks before travelling if you decide not to go, so it’s a no brainer! I’ve booked my hotels through booking.com on free cancellation with no probs the reason I’ve not booked those with the TA was they couldn’t get a certain room I was after but they were fine with me booking them myself.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I have already!
I’ve booked flights through my local travel agent to Seattle & San Francisco with small deposit. They’re allowing up to 3 free amendments & giving deposits back up till 10 weeks before travelling if you decide not to go, so it’s a no brainer! I’ve booked my hotels through booking.com on free cancellation with no probs the reason I’ve not booked those with the TA was they couldn’t get a certain room I was after but they were fine with me booking them myself.
That’s the answer I wanted😂, I think I’ll go ahead and book some and it will give me some hope at least.
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have already.. (but haven’t told my wife).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have already.. (but haven’t told my wife).
Also might not tell my husband😂😂
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

No, I wouldn’t (sorry I realise that’s not the answer you want)

I realise there is no cash at risk but... is there any point if you aren’t 80% sure you’ll go? And I definitely wouldn’t do it without discussing and agreeing with my husband.
Old 30 Aug 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Yes I'm in the process of re-booking our cancelled trip for next year for same accommodations. All free cancellation and nothing paid, via Quidco too.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
No, I wouldn’t (sorry I realise that’s not the answer you want)

I realise there is no cash at risk but... is there any point if you aren’t 80% sure you’ll go? And I definitely wouldn’t do it without discussing and agreeing with my husband.
No worries it’s good to have different opinions😀
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes, I also have some accommodation booked for our West Coast/Hawaii trip next March, fully cancellable until 48 hours before. It was such a good deal!
🤞 it goes ahead

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Yes, I also have some accommodation booked for our West Coast/Hawaii trip next March, fully cancellable until 48 hours before. It was such a good deal!
🤞 it goes ahead
Thanks for reply, I’ve gone ahead and booked 2 hotels so far at great prices😀