Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 6 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Christmas activities for kids needed

We had lapland uk booked for end of November and a stay at lego land hotel.
I want to do fun activities all over December with my children, mainly the 7 year old.
So far I have; woodland walk then hot chocolate & cookies when we return.

Paint & decorate Christmas plaster ornaments that I bought.

So I need more ideas please 🎄
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Christmas baking (loads of ideas on Pinterest but mine always love making biscuits with festive shape cutters, stained glass window biscuits etc). Play Pin the Red Nose on Rudolph (you can buy from Amazon/eBay cheaply). Take a ride round your local area looking for the best Lights/decorations. Christmas Movie night. Glitter and glue pictures usually popular with 7 year olds. I’ll have a think what else I do with my grandchildren.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Make and decorate a gingerbread house, its such a lovely family thing to do and a bonus, you can eat it 😁
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Christmas treasure hunt.
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fortytwo
Proud to wear my Ears

Some lovely ideas, I'd like to add an unusual one, Christmas themed escape room at home.
We did this companies Halloween one and it was great fun for all of us. They are working on a Christmas one now

escaperoomglasgow/play-at-home/
Fortytwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoDaisy
Having Dinner with Goofy

We usually decorate mini gingerbread houses (my son still loves this activity), make marshmallow snowmen and candy cane mice. We have also decorated Christmas baubles in the past along with painting a festive ceramic of some kind. Make our own chocolates or have a chocolate fondue/fountain.

Decorate an outside tree for wildlife (make your own popcorn garland). Or make your own wreath (DS loves an excuse to use the glue gun).

I usually get a family Christmas puzzle which they all groan at but do enjoy 😉

Lights walk to find the best Xmas lights. A candy cane hunt is always good fun and can be done anywhere xx
DiscoDaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Make mince Pies and a chocolate log, used to make them with my kids and they loved making them. Make gingerbread men, Or shortbread, lots of ready icing tubes to decorate. Make Christmas cards, decorations and get a Christmas stamp set to stamp the envelopes, these are all the things we have done in the past. Mine are all grown up now!
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Make homemade Christmas cards and write and deliver them to theneighbours along with a plate of homemade cookies.

Ask your elderly neighbours if they need a Xmas elf (your son) to run any errands or deliver local Xmas cards for them as they may not be out and about.

A neighbourhood post box for local cards would be good and he could do the deliveries. My son now adult did this with the scouts and Cubs and still talks about helping others.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

What brilliant ideas! Thank you!
Are the ready baked ginger bread house kits nice to eat?
I have never, ever baked a biscuit or cake 😳
I will definitely get him to make a special card for my mum 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoDaisy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
What brilliant ideas! Thank you!
Are the ready baked ginger bread house kits nice to eat?
I have never, ever baked a biscuit or cake 😳
I will definitely get him to make a special card for my mum 👍🏻
We’ve previously purchased from FlyingTiger and Sainsbury’s and not had any complaints - that said the amount of icing/decorations on them it was hard to see the ginger bread let alone taste it 😂🤦
DiscoDaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List