Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 10 Nov 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Quality Street, after eights, choc orange or two or three mmmm, celebrations and toffifee
Anything then 😋😆
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Ooh I love M&S cherry liqueurs. It's funny I don't drink at all, but I absolutely love those. The swiss chocolates are nice too. I love as well as most of everything else mentioned, Tofiffee, but when I was younger it was all of the above. It's kind of bringing a tear to my eye, as we were poorer than church mice, but yet my Mum always seemed to put on a spread and she would go to the cash and carry months leading up to it and get bits and pieces and we had loads come the actual day. I honestly don't know how she did it. But I'm the same today, totally greedy lol
It was a revelation when I went to my exes for Christmas the first ever time. They were quite well off. Well, the 'treats' consisted of one of those small crystal bowls with an assortment of M&S mints in it I had images of it being a feast like what Mrs Bridges used to prepare in Upstairs Downstairs, they were so full of themselves
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Ooh I love M&S cherry liqueurs. It's funny I don't drink at all, but I absolutely love those. The swiss chocolates are nice too. I love as well as most of everything else mentioned, Tofiffee, but when I was younger it was all of the above. It's kind of bringing a tear to my eye, as we were poorer than church mice, but yet my Mum always seemed to put on a spread and she would go to the cash and carry months leading up to it and get bits and pieces and we had loads come the actual day. I honestly don't know how she did it. But I'm the same today, totally greedy lol
It was a revelation when I went to my exes for Christmas the first ever time. They were quite well off. Well, the 'treats' consisted of one of those small crystal bowls with an assortment of M&S mints in it I had images of it being a feast like what Mrs Bridges used to prepare in Upstairs Downstairs, they were so full of themselves
We didn't have much when I was really little, we used to just have a box of broken biscuit's from the wholesalers and a few bits and bobs.
My Dad won on the pools and we had everything after that 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One of everything, no wonder I'm diabetic 😳
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I usually just buy one tub of Roses for xmas eve as we always get loads of boxed chocs etc bought as gifts, and I still make them both stockings full of sweets and choc. Our favourites are Hotel Choc, Thorntons continental (oldie but still a goodie), Rum Truffles and M&S truffles. I also make Peppermint Bark which I love - not quite ghirardelli but its lovely.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 07:46 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I try not to buy too much, but we tend to stick with Cadbury’s Heroes, Lindt, Celebrations and Terrys Chocolate Orange. We get some Christmas Percy Pigs and cookies from M&S too
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I can remember the Newberry fruits, Weekend chelates and the candid fruit lemon and orange slices
We would also have a Tunis cake with marzipan fruits on the top on Boxing Day
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
I can remember the Newberry fruits, Weekend chelates and the candid fruit lemon and orange slices
We would also have a Tunis cake with marzipan fruits on the top on Boxing Day
Oh yes we always had Tunis cake too. Can’t seem to find it anywhere now . I know Tesco used to do it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I haven’t seen a Tunis cake for years
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I bought a hotel chocolat Christmas sleekster last week and ate it at the weekend! Really need to wait til the week before.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List