Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Just a simple answer no.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

No not at all
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

My DS is vegan and we love vegan food, cooked and prepared with flavour infusions.

We still eat meat however, and our criteria for that is no different to our vegan aspirations.

Food is a life essential and it can also be a life pleasure.

One of the most important ingredients to both is the simple, staple, onion, which can be cooked both sweet and sour.

Disney332

Edited at 08:54 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I gave up eating meat in July. I absolutely love the taste of meat and the meals you can get from it, but for years I have struggled with what meat actually is, but I am a simple cook and continued to make the meals I used to eat at home when I was growing up.
I had wanted to stop eating it for a long time but, and it sounds silly, I didnt know what to do or how to go about eating meals without meat in them. But one day I was watching the Yorkshire vet and a segment involving a cow just made me decide to do it.
I'm not judgemental at all, my kids and husband still eat meat
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

No, not at all

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Thank you for all the responses to this! It's great to hear so many opinions from all different perspectives.

It was a documentary on Netflix that first made me think differently I suppose (Cowspiracy) and it's interesting to hear some of you mention films and TV shows that have influenced you.

I think the labels make it quite difficult... I think I need to accept I can life a semi vegan lifestyle with lots of plant based meals but still have my vitamin d fortified products that come from lanolin and still have cheese from local and sustainable sources. Flexi vegan?

Edited at 10:07 AM.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

For me I think it’s important to do what’s right for you and accept not everyone will have the same opinion. If asked why I don’t eat meat then I’m happy to tell people but have never got on my soap box about why everyone else should feel the same. My kids had no idea for years I was vegetarian- think DS was probably about 8 or 9 when he knew. I can’t imagine ever eating meat having not eating it for 40 years but I have no opinion on those that choose to
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

I'm mostly vegan for about a year now (100% vegetarian, but I do sometimes have the odd snack or pastry that isn't vegan), so is my husband. We initially started it from health benefits, as meat and dairy are NOT healthy for you, but as we found out more about the impact of factory farming on the planet, that actually became our main concern. How we all eat meat in the western world now, is NOT sustainable. If the amount of land dedicated to animals and growing food for animals, was actually used to grow food for people, the world would be able to produce SO much more food, and with SO much less waste and nitrogen being released into the atmosphere. It would only help our planet, help the climate, and help your own bodies be healthier. I can only think that the vast majority of people just don't KNOW what impact their food choices have on the world and the climate. :/ *I* personally want to leave this world better than I found it, for my daughter - and unfortunately that means making some changes from the habits we all grew up with. Eating less meat and dairy is only one of them, and surprisingly easy to do nowadays - like driving electric instead of petrol.

I'm not saying everyone should go 100% vegan, but if we in the western world even cut down to eating meat, say, twice a week instead of every day, it'd make a huge difference. I like the world flexi vegan - that'd be so good if more people could switch to that!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I don’t think about it. I am very firmly an omnivore.
We do have a varied diet though and don’t eat meat all the time. I couldn’t stomach meat every day and very often on holiday, or when out, I choose the vegetarian option. But that’s due to taste and what I feel like having.

Edited at 10:17 AM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would feel guilty if I thought about it so I don't. I won't eat rabbit or duck though because they are pets. I also could not bring myself to eat Welsh lamb in Wales because the fields were full of sheep. Illogical I know.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread