Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Barmybuckle
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
That's lovely.

I've made my choice and I'm happy with it.

My friend is a trained inseminator for cows, I'm sure he'll be amused to be called a rapist.

Take a step back and feel great about your choices, please stop trying to impose your choices on others. You will get the opposite reaction to what you expect.
Other than the fact it's a cow, what's the difference between a rapist and an inseminator?

Take a step back? This thread is about if you feel bad about eating animal-based products. If you've come here you should be prepared to have a debate on the topic. I'm not going around posting in every thread saying go vegan.

To be honest, I don't really understand this argument. You think it's wrong for me to apparently "impose" my choices on others, and yet you simultaneously believe it's OK to literally force others to die for the sake of your taste preference.

How do you suggest I should try and convince people that eating animal products is wrong? What would convince you and how do you justify eating animal products?
Barmybuckle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Barmybuckle View Post
Other than the fact it's a cow, what's the difference between a rapist and an inseminator?

Take a step back? This thread is about if you feel bad about eating animal-based products. If you've come here you should be prepared to have a debate on the topic. I'm not going around posting in every thread saying go vegan.

To be honest, I don't really understand this argument. You think it's wrong for me to apparently "impose" my choices on others, and yet you simultaneously believe it's OK to literally force others to die for the sake of your taste preference.

How do you suggest I should try and convince people that eating animal products is wrong? What would convince you and how do you justify eating animal products?

Why do you feel that you should take it upon yourself to convince people anything?

Whilst I don’t doubt that many omnivores would respect your right to be vegan, it would seem that similar tolerance is not reciprocated by vegans towards omnivores.

Talking of omnivores and those involved in the production of meat produce as rapists and murderers etc etc etc is pretty much an attempt at a guilt trip on those with a contrary opinion to your own.

For what it’s worth, animals that are later eaten would not exist in the first place were it not for the future intention of consumption.

As for slaughterhouses etc, if I needed work, then there would be no issue. I would work in one. I could also work as a butcher, a fisherman or anything else. I have also shot pheasants and killed chickens.. but only for consumption.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Barmybuckle View Post
You don't need to, people can make their own choices
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Who fancies a Big Mac right now?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Me. In fact you have just convinced me as to tea tonight. Double bacon cheeseburger here I come!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Me. In fact you have just convinced me as to tea tonight. Double bacon cheeseburger here I come!
Drooling...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

This is one thing I really miss since I stopped eating meat!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
This is one thing I really miss since I stopped eating meat!
I prefer a double cheeseburger, negative pickle...
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I prefer a double cheeseburger, negative pickle...
The mcdonalds local to me had nothing veggie apart from chips last time I went there. I was so cross, im not good when I'm hangry! Reduced menu due to covid. Pfffft. 🙄
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

My son is also going for the Bacon double cheese with me.. but has reminded me of our appointment at the heart attack grill in Vegas next August where he intends confronting and defeating the octuple bypass burger.. other than a single bite at the end in order to get his ‘paddling’ as punishment... he wants the photo as his Facebook profile pic).

A bacon double cheese to compare with...

the octuple bypass burger..

And the punishment for failure.. a paddling by a Nurse.
P.S I don’t think that it is a real, qualified Nurse, more likely a Waitress in disguise.

Edited at 04:41 PM.
Closed Thread