Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 6 Oct 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Am looking forward to your trip report - we have just booked a trip to the Netherlands next May and Efteling will defintley be in our plans! I went when I was younger but dont remember much so looking forward to reading about your experience

WDW BWI, offsite & RC cruise 2018 Trip Report

DLP 2019 Pre Trip Report
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween at DLP
Unread 6 Oct 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We loved Efteling (went last May). Dont miss Droomvlucht!

The atmosphere reminded me of how MK used to be (a long time ago). Friendly, courteous staff, reasonable prices & happy visitors.

My fav attraction was Caro. No spoilers but dont miss it.

Ive got a spare park map if youd like one. Just pm your address & Ill post it to you.
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Floridaddicts! 30th trip &still love it!
Unread 7 Oct 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Am looking forward to your trip report - we have just booked a trip to the Netherlands next May and Efteling will defintley be in our plans! I went when I was younger but dont remember much so looking forward to reading about your experience
Ful report to follow, DD has been once before and is looking forward to it more than DLP which already says something (probably this is because we almost drowned in rain the last time we went to Paris!)

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
We loved Efteling (went last May). Dont miss Droomvlucht!

The atmosphere reminded me of how MK used to be (a long time ago). Friendly, courteous staff, reasonable prices & happy visitors.

My fav attraction was Caro. No spoilers but dont miss it.

Ive got a spare park map if youd like one. Just pm your address & Ill post it to you.
Droomvlucht and Caro both sound ace, and the park sounds magical. I've tried to avoid spoiling things by looking at clips of the dark rides Appreciate the offer of the map, that's so kind - in fact we should be able to pick one up at the hotel the night we arrive so can save you the postage. Thank you

Less than 2 weeks to go now
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP, Europapark, Efteling roadtrip
Unread 7 Oct 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
slightly serious Dibber

Try to fit in Polles keuken at the Efteling.
They have dutch pancakes (like thick crepes) with all kind of weird but delicious toppings, sweet or savory. And the restaurant is very cute to sit in.

The Ravelijn show is also very nice to see (with horses).

Have a lovely time!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip nr 7, OKW here we come...
Unread 7 Oct 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Try to fit in Polles keuken at the Efteling.
They have dutch pancakes (like thick crepes) with all kind of weird but delicious toppings, sweet or savory. And the restaurant is very cute to sit in.

The Ravelijn show is also very nice to see (with horses).

Have a lovely time!
the pancakes are already firmly on the list, first day in case we need to go back Ravelijn show sounds good, appreciate the tip - anything with horses is popular! We also have the evening show booked at the hotel which I think is a different one

Thanks for following and commenting all
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 9 Oct 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Efteling Preview

10 days or so to go now so better get this posted before we run out of time. Dining plans are earlier in the report so focusing on the attractions here.

The park looks to be more about the fantastical theming than the rollercoasters but they still have some exciting looking rides. DD and I fancy the look of Baron 1898 (Steampunk style drop coaster that goes underground - similarities to Saw at Thorpe Park in the start maybe)
That moment where you want to get off

There's also a big wooden dueling coaster Joris en de Draak (Joris and the Dragon? in the Dragon?). Loving the thought of the dueling having never managed to ride the former Dueling Dragons ride at Universal (which stopped dueling after an accident then was knocked down for Hagrid).

Lots of dark rides to choose from. Symbolica looks promising with the Ratatouille style movement through a large interior

And there's a nice looking water coaster De Vliegende Hollande which is presumably the Flying Dutchman (also my favourite Spongebob episode, not that I have one obviously )

Also enjoy the sense of humour and theming of Vogel Rok which I think is an indoor coaster. Love the entrance between the giant bird's legs
I'm holding back on the jokes for now...

Thanks to Dutchdisneyfsan for the recommendation on Ravelijn, that looks a must for DD

All in all I'm blown away by the appearance of the park and there's a load of cool little touches too that I'll save for the trip photos. Can't wait to get there
Unread 10 Oct 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Getting Excited

This takes me back... please be sure to ride Droomvlucht (dream-flight) - such a magical ride. Symbolica, on the other hand was a little disappointing to us all (can't quite put my finger on why). We're not big coasters fans, but in a moment of madness my husband and then 9 year old decided to ride the Flying Dutchman, and I decided to join them. We all loved it!

Have a fantastic trip!
Lily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
This takes me back... please be sure to ride Droomvlucht (dream-flight) - such a magical ride. Symbolica, on the other hand was a little disappointing to us all (can't quite put my finger on why). We're not big coasters fans, but in a moment of madness my husband and then 9 year old decided to ride the Flying Dutchman, and I decided to join them. We all loved it!

Have a fantastic trip!
Will definitely ride Droomvlucht 🙂 and thanks for your kind words. We love our coasters, fingers crossed for good weather at this stage. I'm very fluey this weekend which is annoying but at least it's a week early 🤒
US Rent A Car