Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Unread 17 Sep 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

After talking to my family at the weekend, they all seemed far more excited about the Ncl Escape than the Iona, so I've booked it. It's a 9 night cruise with a free drinks package and my daughter sails free as well, so the cost is only a little bit more than the Iona. Hubby thinks it's a good deal so he's happy too. Just waiting for the easyjet or Ryanair to release flights to Copenhagen from our local airport.
June 93 -Days Suites, June 97 - Indian Ridge, June 00 - Comfort Inn, Aug 02 - Comfort Inn, Sept 03 - Cypress Pointe, Aug 04 - Cypress Pointe, Sept 07 - Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, Dec 08 - Cypress Pointe, July 10 - Disney Magic, Sept 10 - OKW, Dec 11 - Pop/CB, May 13 - POFQ/Bellavida, May 15 - OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, May 16 - Caribbean Beach
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just the 3 of us
Unread 19 Sep 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We'll be on the Silhouette. It's the 19th October 2020 sailing from Southampton.
My sister booked it onboard for us last week - we got $500 OBC, an in category room upgrade, lower deposit (118 total) and free classics drink package.

Joa
Hi Joa

Ive been on Silhouette a few times and I think shes my favourite. January last year we were in the Caribbean on her and last month, Ireland and Iceland. I tell you this because the cool weather cruise made such a difference to the numbers of people indoors rather than on deck and that impacted my Cafe al Bacio time - just about my favourite place on Celebrity ships and it was often difficult to get a seat; something Im not used to. Both cruises were excellent though and its my preferred line despite having 4 (enjoyable) Disney cruises under my belt!

IMO the only thing guaranteed to be better on DCL are the production shows, as you would expect. On any cruise line the guest entertainers can vary from week to week - in the last 3 years weve sailed RCL x 2, P&O x 2, Princess x 2 in addition to a few Celebrity, oh and Viking Oceans where you were as likely to have a concert pianist as a variety show! Disney really does entertainment best, but for us, not worth the amount they charge. I make no judgement on others preferences however .

Ill be very interested to hear what you make of Celebrity when the time comes. Your itinerary appears to have some guaranteed warm weather sailing and really nice ports.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Pootle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida time again
Unread 7 Oct 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

So glad to see this we have booked the Fjords for next June on the new Iona. I am so excited. Its a cruise I have wanted to do for a while now.

Glad you have a lovely time xx

DLP 2002 (offsite) & 2010 (Hotel Cheyenne)
WDW 2003 (idrive), 2006 (idrive), 2009 (idrive), 2012 (Highlands Reserve), 2015 (Lindfields & DCL) & 2017 (AKL & DCL)
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Crusin' on the Dream and then AKL :-)
Unread 7 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Cafe al Bacio is my favourite place too! Fantastic coffees teas and errrrmmmm CAKES!

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DAYS UNTIL I AM BANKRUPT AGAIN!
Unread 9 Oct 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I went on a Fjords cruise with P&O (Azura) in June. I enjoyed it, but it was a cheapy, and I had to treat it as such.
I found the food in the MDR good, but I didn't necessarily love the speciality restaurants, I had a far better steak in the MDR than the Epicurean. My steak in the Epicurean was medium well done, I asked rare to medium rare, they offered to change it, but I was going to miss the show.
Sindhu was well worth 20, the Beach house had the most stunning setting, but service was terrible and food only average.
I am mid 30's, and I thought the entertainment was a bit weak, I like a quiz, and Astonishing was good, but on the whole it was a bit weak.
I too am a NCL fan. We go on our honeymoon soon on the Star, it's a port heavy week cruise, so whilst I'd prefer a larger ship, I'm sure it will be fine
Unread 9 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I went on a Fjords cruise with P&O (Azura) in June. I enjoyed it, but it was a cheapy, and I had to treat it as such.
I found the food in the MDR good, but I didn't necessarily love the speciality restaurants, I had a far better steak in the MDR than the Epicurean. My steak in the Epicurean was medium well done, I asked rare to medium rare, they offered to change it, but I was going to miss the show.
Sindhu was well worth 20, the Beach house had the most stunning setting, but service was terrible and food only average.
I am mid 30's, and I thought the entertainment was a bit weak, I like a quiz, and Astonishing was good, but on the whole it was a bit weak.
I too am a NCL fan. We go on our honeymoon soon on the Star, it's a port heavy week cruise, so whilst I'd prefer a larger ship, I'm sure it will be fine
I definitely agree on the entertainment being weak, especially if you've sailed with a line like NCL.

I wish we'd tried Sindhu now but we didn't want to tie ourselves into a reservation!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 9 Oct 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I definitely agree on the entertainment being weak, especially if you've sailed with a line like NCL.

I wish we'd tried Sindhu now but we didn't want to tie ourselves into a reservation!
Believe me I dont think you missed much in Sindhu.
The night we went the service was dreadful - not just us but the whole restaurant and it was only 1/2 full!

If you have a decent indian that you use then Sindu would disappoint!

Some of our food was raw!
We had over an hours wait for our mains and one table waited nearly 2!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coming for ya Key West :-)
Unread 10 Oct 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Believe me I dont think you missed much in Sindhu.
The night we went the service was dreadful - not just us but the whole restaurant and it was only 1/2 full!

If you have a decent indian that you use then Sindu would disappoint!

Some of our food was raw!
We had over an hours wait for our mains and one table waited nearly 2!
The meal we had in Sindhu was delicious, the nicest meal of the cruise. It goes to show that a persons experience of the same thing can vary massively.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Northern Europe on the Anthem of the Sea