Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Aug 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
August 2018 DDP - Is it time for a snack yet? - Updated 31/8 travel home COMPLETED

So it’s time for another dining report, for those who haven’t read my last one from 2016 it’s linked in my signature.

We are off for two weeks staying at the Clarion Lake Beuna Vista, we we’re originally going to be staying with my parents and brother in Old Key West but decided to stay elsewhere, as we had our tickets added onto the room we have the dining plan. We love the dining plan, it means we don’t have to worry about the price of our meal and choose the cheaper options, everything is paid for in advance (or free dining in this case) and we can try new things without worrying too much. This will be my 7th trip with the dining plan and I couldn’t imagine not having it.

Quick Introduction

Me - 27, love all things Disney Parks, takes me ages to decide what I want to eat even though I’ve been looking at the menus for months and I can be a bit fussy. Dad likes to say I order a cheeseburger without the cheese and bun and swap the burger for chicken. I don’t think I am quite that bad however I do always apologise to servers before ordering. I also have a weird thing about cold food, I don’t do sandwiches unless they have hot fillings or are toasted, and I should apologise to my parents as packed lunches for me as a child must have been an ordeal

Favourites:
Quick Service - Blaze
Snack - All American Sundae from the Plaza in Magic Kingdom
Table Service - Raglan Road

DF - 28, a convert to liking the Disney Parks, well loving as he has just corrected me. Having a meal with him is not the best experience, I like to have a conversation and he likes to inhale his food and then moan at me for eating like a normal person (he claims I’m a slow eater) He hates cheese, well all cheese except mozzarella, you’ll see a lot of his orders are usually followed with no cheese like mine

Favourites:
Quick Service - Blaze
Snack - Croissant doughnut
Table Service - Ohana

My parents and brother will also feature in this as we will be meeting up during the trip.

After realising we are terrible creatures of habit on the dining plan we have decided to throw some new restaurants into the mix. New to us this year is Teppen Edo, Chefs De France, Yatchsman Steakhouse, Tusker House and The Wave (only booked this to scope it out for our wedding next year and will cancel if we don’t fancy the private room).

We will try to keep a running total of how much food would have cost us but I can’t promise it will happen for everything, whilst I’m at it I should probably apologise for the half eaten/missing photos I know are inevitable.

I’ll probably throw in some non food related details as I know if somethings gone wrong then it can affect how I feel about something so you know when to take what I say with a pinch of salt and blame me being a moody so and so.

Plans
Travel Day - 1 - Premier Inn Heathrow
Travel Day 2 - Grab something in Heathrow, Grab something in JFK, maybe QS in Old Key West
Day 1 - Rainforest Cafe (D)
Day 2 - Teppan Edo
Day 3 - Be Our Guest (L)
Day 4 - Homecomin (D)
Day 5 - Tusker House (B), Ohana (D)
Day 6 - Coral Reef (D)
Day 7 - Crystal Palace (B)
Day 8 - Garden Grill (B)
Day 9 - Boma (B)
Day 10 - Chefs De France (D)
Day 11 - No Plans- MNSSHP
Day 12 - Raglan Road
Day 13 - Yatchsman Steakhouse

Edited at 06:29 PM.
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
sounds great, looking forward to it
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading along

Joan
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Can’t wait x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

You sound as picky as me so will be interested to see your choices 👍😆
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
You sound as picky as me so will be interested to see your choices 👍😆
Good to know I’m not alone, I’m usually surrounded by load eye rolling
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Travel Day 1

Today was the start of a lot of traveling for us

Our bus was 15 minutes late and supposed to take 4 hours, instead it decided to break down in Newport and we arrived at Heathrow an hour and a half late, shattered and ready to eat.

We stayed at the Premier Inn connected to Terminal 4, very nice room but a long walk

We decided to eat in their restaurant, no issues getting a seat and staff were really friendly. As we had an early flight the next morning we decided to skip the meal deal with breakfast as I usually feel queasy before I fly, another of my oddities I’m not a nervous flyer at all but my stomach apparently is.

We started with a garlic flatbread to share

This was nice, could have done with a bit more garlic but good over all and filled a hole. We were starving, it didn’t last long and I apologise as there are two pieces missing from the photo, so quite a large portion.

DF got the Double Cheese and Bacon burger without the Cheese

He really enjoyed this saying it was much better than the burgers we’d had in TGI Fridays. He rated the chips as ok and liked the coleslaw

I had the Gamon with fried egg and Pineapple

I have recently discovered that I really like pineapple after years of avoiding it, not sure why I thought I didn’t like it, love the bread pudding at O’hana. This was really nice but the plate was really greasy. I tipped my chips out onto my plate from the starter instead. It was odd as the food wasn’t greasier than you’d expect but there was lots of it on the plate.

With two Pepsi Max the meal came to £33.07 not great value but alright considering we are at an airport hotel. Food came quickly and staff were great, not much more you could ask for
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to following along!

My Fiance is very much the same when it comes to ordering things plain! Usually his order is 'no sauce, no salad'
We will be on the DDP for the first time later this year, so looking forward to seeing your food choices!

Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 17 Aug 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Looking forward to following along!

My Fiance is very much the same when it comes to ordering things plain! Usually his order is 'no sauce, no salad'
We will be on the DDP for the first time later this year, so looking forward to seeing your food choices!

Hope you have a wonderful time!
OMG this is totally me, DF is usually really good and just takes off all the cheese where as I take nearly everything off and asking for something on the side is me being adventurous