Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 May 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Orlando and Florida in general are amazing locations and Disney just one of 3 major franchises in the area. This summer is our 4th on the trot where we haven’t even purchased Disney tickets, such are the other attractions available. Your change of tactics may even bring some of these in to consideration, permanently changing the way that you vacation.
Discovery Cove ultimates.
Old town Kissimmee
Fantasy of flight
Rainbow river
Airboats
Lazy H horse riding ranch
De Soto , Anna Maria etc
Daytona Beach
The Keys
The panhandle
Orlando magic basketball
... and many, many more!

Edited at 10:58 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by inkiboo View Post
Agree with all food recommendations except Olive Garden; it is nothing more than average.

The US can’t do Italian.
Those breadsticks and Ceasar salad can not be beaten!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are in Haines City rarely eat around the 192 usually just once in Red Lobster if going to the old town car show
We eat in winter Haven 15 mins away we actually use Mannys and Ovation in winter Haven as less crowded and just as good
Winter Haven has all the usual restaurants too Red lobster Ruby Tuesdays Olive Garden Longhon etc and some great independents
Such as Cherry Pocket Harry’s Place Harbour Side Gary’s Crab Shack
Tempo 1930 and thi Haven to name but a few
Haines well everyone has mentioned Mannys but you have Sonny’s Pit BBQ Dora’s Pizza and a very small range of Italian food it’s take out delivery or sit in take your own beer or wine amazing food
DK donuts way better then crispy creame REtery a mom and pop dinner great for breakfast Egg City again breakfast and lunch
A great Chinese take out at St Charles Plazza by Public. Huge portions
Busy as all the locals use it Culvers just opened last November as
Mick says way better than MMds and I’m told great ice cream and on that subject Webb’s candy factory great ice cream and milk shakes
For DH me I have a dunking donut ( not as good as DKs ) and a coffee
And don’t forget Southern Dunes Golf club great breakfast and lunches
Food shopping Walmart Whinne Dixie Aldi and Publix just up the road
And I use the roadside farmers stands for fruit veg and some great shellfish if the have it
Posner Park has shops and more under construction and a cinema
Again a few minutes away
And don’t forget Champions Gate at jct 58 Panara Bread Millar’s
Red Robin and a good few more and First Watch another great breakfast option lots of food choices very close to your villa
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We love Kobe Steakhouse. Also, Bahama Breeze, Steak and Shake, Tony Roma’s, Denny’s,Golden Corral, Panda Express, and D’Antonios in Celebration for Italian - lovely food.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

Another family that stays offsite in a villa and love the freedom it gives in terms of own space etc. Could I perhaps suggest that you start loading a card now and again with some dollars to pay for food and just keep that card for food payments so it doesn't feel so bad when you are paying out as it will already be paid for sort of way! I did this when we went to NYC as I had saved over the year so it didn't feel like I was paying out of my holiday money. We love Longhorns, Millars, Cheesecake Factory and shopping in Publix for bits for the villa. Enjoy and think of it as a new experience.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
We have our favourites, but will choose a few new places during our trip.

PPM

After all our visits it gets more difficult adding a new one but we managed two this year.

Harry's Old Place at Winter Haven thanks to Helen's (Gryff) recommendation. Lovely seafood on the lake side.

Odd one this but we were up in Winter Garden and coming home via Clermont. We'd seen Uncle Kenny's smokehouse advertised and I fancied a bit of brisket. In a strip mall alongside the 27. The sheriff's deputy was in there ordering so we guessed it must be good.

We support the negative comments on Olive Garden though I'm afraid. Given a few "second chances" over the years. But we do love Carrabba's. Sadly though they had removed one of my favourites from the menu last month. Pork medallions wrapped in prosciutto served in a port and fig sauce. Alternatives were good though - veal marsala and shrimp & scallop spiedino.

Mick
Old 4 May 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You just need an attitutude change.
We did a split stay last year first at the Boardwalk ( which personally I prefer to BC having stayed at both) then a villa and both were magical but in different ways ... if you regard a villa as a downgrade it will be , if you accept both have pros and cons you'll have a better holiday.
If you pick the right villa you may even decide the villa is better,we did (although it was very close !)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We love off-site in a villa.
We have our favourite go to restaurants. Crackerbarrel is our favourite by far.
I'd just make sure you have a rough plan of where you plan to eat so you don't spent time pondering.
Can also get take out at most restaurants. So can enjoy a meal sitting by the pool.
Old 4 May 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for this everyone. Will be off site next year for first time ourselves. Will save these tips and be back for more but still planning 2019 at the moment!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
inkiboo
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by thesorcerer View Post
Those breadsticks and Ceasar salad can not be beaten!
Both awful
inkiboo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List