Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When discussing budget. Forget onsite and forget virgin. Simple.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by funkysurrey View Post
If you are staying in one of the All Start resorts your dining plan that comes with the package only includes breakfast. If you are pricing in the Quick Service plan then staying at the budget resorts works out more expensive that staying in a moderate like CBR, POFQ etc. My kids love All Star Movies but it always works out too expensive to stay there because they don't offer the free quick service plan just breakfast. I have managed to do 2 weeks in august, going on the 20th at Coronado Springs, free dining plan and tickets, direct flight out, indirect back for £6.5K this year. I used My America Holiday website. Worth looking at the moderates and pricing it up.
I wondered that earlier and priced it up this morning. It was £550 more expensive to stay in the cheapest moderate with free dining than at All Sat Sports and upgrade the dining plan. I think sometimes what you say works, but not always, definitely always worth checking though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

You will be paying for the dining plan. Price up a moderate with free dining might work out a little cheaper.
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

sounds about right, lost count this time of the amount of people throwing the cost of the holiday at the kids when they played up, as in we payed £xx to bring you to disney now behave yourselves. figures ranges from £8k to £15k!
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I can understand forget Virgin, because 9 times out of 10, there prices are obscene, especially packages. Now that doesnt mean you cant find a deal, but often its cheaper elsewhere or DIY.

But someone saying forget onsite doesnt make sense. We book DIY every year and have found some great deals. 2020 is our first holiday booked in advance and the free dining plan does help people. We usually book via USA site with 30% off. We compare that against different hotels offsite and after you add resort taxes, transport and a few other factors and benefits you get with a Disney resort, then staying on site isnt that much more.
Ive seen some people saying off site is cheaper, but when you see their comparisons, then they are not like for like or are a distance away.

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
When discussing budget. Forget onsite and forget virgin. Simple.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Our holiday this year is around £6k without food or spending money.
2A, 1 teen, 14 nights, AKL and HRH. Disney tickets, Universal Tickets, Discovery Cove, Flights.

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
sounds about right, lost count this time of the amount of people throwing the cost of the holiday at the kids when they played up, as in we payed £xx to bring you to disney now behave yourselves. figures ranges from £8k to £15k!

£385 an adult for 14 days is £27.50 a day. Please tell me what in the UK that is similar but cheaper for a full day. Everyone has 3 fast passes they can pre book. Everyone knows the risks of going to Florida during rainy season so most people go early to parks. If you go during peak season, expect queues. We go last 2 weeks of August and many rides are almost walk on.

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Park tickets to me are silly money, pay a fortune to queue all day. We stayed gulf coast for 2 weeks this time as done Disney and Universal a few times. Did 1 day at Busch, did 4 rides as rides stopped due to bad weather at 4pm and never reopened. Cost a lot for a little enjoyment.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 01:41 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree, off site isn’t necessarily cheaper ... when we last stayed in a villa, our highest cost was food. To me, with children the free dining plan is a no brainer. I can see everyone putting their prices on saying you can go for less, but when they drill down they are making compromises i.e. no Disney, no universal, indirect flights etc so it’s not really comparing apples with apples. Make a note of what you want to do as a minimum and then go about getting quotes based on that to get your like for like comparison, including DIY. You may be surprised at the difference in quotes ... my magic holiday was about £2k less than some of my other quotes. If after that it is still too expensive, then start to think about your compromises i.e indirect flights, no universal etc.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
funkysurrey
I want to go now!

To me by far the biggest saving we will be making this year is having the dining plan, therefore reducing our food expense massively. Considering the current climate and awful exchange rate I am very grateful for the free Disney dining plan, it means we can now afford to do other things while we are there, like Universal etc which in themselves are expensive but if you had to buy food on top every day then our holiday would easily exceed £10K overall.
funkysurrey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We would always say we would go to the US if we could get the flights cheap enough... the other stuff (tickets, accom, car, food etc) we would always work around it.. the flights don't even factor into it now for us... we could get the flights for a quid and thanks to the suicidal exchange rate you would still have a hell of a bill at the end of it all... we won't return until the rate picks up (if it ever does)... shame... but that's what it is...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

For a family of 4 it costs £2,000 just to park and enter WDW for up to 14 days. Crazy money

Easily £8k for a family Disney holiday
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List