Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Sep 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

DH was made redundant after being on furlough. He is due to start another job the end of October which is good,.as it gives him time to finish the DIY jobs round the house 😁
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 09:26 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Good for you ! I go back to one job today (found out Tuesday I wasn't up for redundancy there) and my other job Monday - I was up for redundancy there but we all dropped some hours so everyone could stay. I am popping into there today to prepare my room ready for Monday and feel quite excited. I do hope anyone still on furlough or looking for work has good news soon.
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I’ve just gone off furlough but not in school. It’s at a leisure centre they are gradually bringing more people back as it gets busier. I’m so lucky to be one that was asked back and I too was over the moon. Just got to get used to getting up early again
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Enjoy, take care, and let us know how it goes...

Disney332
So a good morning all round 😀kids very happy & pleased to see us, we had one new boy as well as our usual girl, considering they are Autistic & like routine, they were great.
My taxi driver & I wore masks, the kids are in the same bubble at school.
When we got to the school there was no social distancing going on at all, the Teaching Assistants were all by the car park drop off area waiting for their kids & were all together, this school has one TA per child.

The parents had not been told much either regarding staggered times & entrances 🙄
But at least the kids were happy to be back, their first day since April

Edited at 12:55 PM.
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Happy for you , I’m still on furlough and at present it’s not looking to good as retail is getting hammered and I work in the supply chain.i suppose those still on furlough it’s the uncertainty of what will happen. I had hoped to start cutting down on hours at the end of this year and possibly retire in maybe 2 years but will just have to wait and see.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Happy for you , I’m still on furlough and at present it’s not looking to good as retail is getting hammered and I work in the supply chain.i suppose those still on furlough it’s the uncertainty of what will happen. I had hoped to start cutting down on hours at the end of this year and possibly retire in maybe 2 years but will just have to wait and see.
Hope you hear some good news soon 😍 It’s not nice being in limbo 😫
My son is a manager at Primark he said it was so busy last week 💰💰
but not so great in my DIL’s New Look store 😬
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Good for you ! I go back to one job today (found out Tuesday I wasn't up for redundancy there) and my other job Monday - I was up for redundancy there but we all dropped some hours so everyone could stay. I am popping into there today to prepare my room ready for Monday and feel quite excited. I do hope anyone still on furlough or looking for work has good news soon.
Great news for you in both jobs & I’m so happy for you as I know from your previous posts you were worried 😬
Good luck xx
Old 3 Sep 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope you’re a good first day back