Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We have a long weekend at the cotswolds water park coming up and also a week in Portmeirion (staying in the castle in the village).
I quite fancy portmeroin. I have a friend who often stays there and raves about it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Northumberland is definitely not an option. I wouldn’t stay there unless it was for a particular hotel experience. And we want to get away, if we stay at home we won’t end up doing more than one day trip.

I’m being particularly grumpy / fussy which I think is due to knowing I can’t go abroad. Not that we often do at half term. But knowing it’s not an option is putting me in a negative frame of mind.
Hi again we missed out on Florida at the start of July and have also had to cancel a couple of long weekends in France for rugby matches. We are due to go to our friends apartment in Paris at the end of October ( Half term, partner is a school Principal) so will just have to wait and see. If you do decide on NI happy to give ideas on accommodation and places to visit. By the way we have one of the lowest Covid rates so hopefully some more normality soon
Ps if your close to an airport with easyJet lots of cheap flights , car hire and aldergrove airport to north coast is 40 mins

Edited at 11:03 AM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We have booked a week from 24th down to Stratford Upon Avon, hopefully the infection rate stays ok in that area although we are from Lanarkshire so we may be the problem rather than them!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I had a weekend away with friends and we chose our location randomly - we pulled letters and numbers out of a hat to make a postcode and put it in the Premier Inn website to see where we ended up! We then researched the area to find things to do - we had a lovely weekend in Swansea 😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Another vote for Lincoln. Such a beautiful city and so much to see walking around (and up the steep hill !)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

I was going to suggest Bath as we had a lovely short break there , but I think that might be too far away from what you’ve said.
Cambridge or Norwich?
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Another vote for Lincoln. Such a beautiful city and so much to see walking around (and up the steep hill !)
I walked up that hill when I was 8 months pregnant😱
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Another vote for Liverpool. Loads to do and only a short drive to Chester, Cheshire Oaks, North Wales.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I walked up that hill when I was 8 months pregnant😱
I “came” from that hill - Jews House to be precise so my parents had to carry me from there as a baby to their car. I an hardly walk up it now and have to stop to admire the view (cough) so credit to you for walking up it 8 months pregnant (good job there is (or was) a hospital near the top just Incase lol)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I “came” from that hill - Jews House to be precise so my parents had to carry me from there as a baby to their car. I an hardly walk up it now and have to stop to admire the view (cough) so credit to you for walking up it 8 months pregnant (good job there is (or was) a hospital near the top just Incase lol)
I definitely couldn’t walk up it now with my knees. It’s a great memory though xx
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List