Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post

This might help ... (personally I’m looking forward to a “trick or treat” free night...Am I the only one?)
Love it. Should do the trick..however

We have always had an unwritten rule in our village that you only visit houses for trick or treating that are decorated in some way so if you lived near us that may encourage people in previous years 😉

I honestly thought that was the "rule" everywhere in normal years but reading this suggests that unsolicited trick or treating it the past happens regularly.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Made these ghost lollies today. We are leaving them on our doorstep with a bottle of sanitizer. Any families who want have as bit of normality this year by trick or treating can sanitize and take one. Kids have had so much taken from them this year. They deserve Halloween if at all possible, even though it might be slightly different to usual.

we made these in our holiday club yesterday - the children loved doing it and so simple.
Old 29 Oct 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Love it. Should do the trick..however

We have always had an unwritten rule in our village that you only visit houses for trick or treating that are decorated in some way so if you lived near us that may encourage people in previous years 😉

I honestly thought that was the "rule" everywhere in normal years but reading this suggests that unsolicited trick or treating it the past happens regularly.
Just to let you know, I come from a stance of hating T or T night, as we are plagued by groups of teenagers, just wearing a mask perhaps (some not dressed up at all) who see this as an opportunity to get as many sweets as possible, are bereft of manners, and make numerous unsolicited calls throughout the evening.

The occasional tot, in full gear, with Mum and Dad is a breath of fresh air.

My DW is too frightened to go to the door, for fear of abuse. We give candy not because we want too, but it gets us through the worst night of the year.

Disney332
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Just to let you know, I come from a stance of hating T or T night, as we are plagued by groups of teenagers, just wearing a mask perhaps (some not dressed up at all) who see this as an opportunity to get as many sweets as possible, are bereft of manners, and make numerous unsolicited calls throughout the evening.

The occasional tot, in full gear, with Mum and Dad is a breath of fresh air.

My DW is too frightened to go to the door, for fear of abuse. We give candy not because we want too, but it gets us through the worst night of the year.

Disney332
That's awful for you 😢
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

That's awful for you 😢
Its nice that whilst we have different views we can discuss this amicably and without personal attack.

I hope you enjoy your night with your family and have a great time.

Take care, we will be fine.

Disney332
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Could you make little bundles from cling film and leave them out all spread evenly so only one child touches and takes each one?

Or

Turn the lights off, shut the curtains and pretend to be out. 🤣
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Last week I filled up some orange paper cups with sweeties. On Saturday I will pop them outside the front door on a table with my pumpkin display and a hand sanitizer pump and a sign saying help yourselves. We are in tier one.

If kids are allowed in school together and if people are allowed to constantly touch things they aren't going to buy in shops I don't think a bit of external trick or treating will make much difference.

I 100% understand why many people wouldn't want to encourage it though, it's all personal preference.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I normally love Halloween 🎃 last year I had fake spiders that when I opened the door fell down from the above the door on to the kids heads hahahaha the screams were legendary.

This year we have Covid in the house and we wanted to put up a big sign saying just this but then thought people would think it was a joke and come knocking anyway 😂
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

There’s a great picture in the Orlando Sentinel about a resident who has created such a realistic display the cops have been called several times ... a bit too gory for the Dibb I think ...looks impressive! It would certainly deter the kids!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love Halloween, and in normal times we have a big party and have a huge outdoor pumpkin display and the whole house is decorated. We don't get a lot of kids around here, but always have had sweets for them in previous years. We won't be this year though, and have kept all our pumpkins inside too, so as not to encourage visitors. We're in tier 2, won't be taking our little boy out on the night, and instead I've bought him a box of spooky chocolate lollies which I'll hide around the house for him to find. We're going to have a little tea party for him too, and will carve pumpkins and have been doing lots of halloween crafts, but that's it this year.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List