Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

What a shame it's over, but what an amazing holiday. It's been such a good read,thank you and I look forward to the next one
Old 26 May 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Cant believe the day has come 😕 the end of the trippie . Do you two scare off other park goers? More quiet parks 😀😀😀 no wonder you had to recover after those rides...best mum ever award ( and I mean that on a more serious note also ) . Thankyou to both of you for such an entertaining , absolutely hilarious and very moving / emotional trippy...Poot, I loved your bits the most 😍 Please please do another one . We go next May and we cant wait . My hubby isnt well off and on with crohns and we need a break ! I hope we can have a holiday with a good balance like yours was and enjoyed as much ! 😀😀😀😀 xxxxxx
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I'm sad this has finished. I enjoyed the journey and look forward to travelling (virtually) with you on your transatlantic to New York. You never know I may even know my wand by then. (love the princess greyhound, thanks)
Old 26 May 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Lovely relaxing last few days apart from the packing everything into all that luggage. Loved Poots description of the pins and may even try to get my DD into pin trading if we ever get back again anytime soon (hoping for last minute at end of year once I get my last op and recover).

I laughed at no-one at Customs as reminds me of when I came back from a holiday to Hong Kong with my parents pre kids and DH when I had all receipts for my many purchases (none of which would fit me now as over 25 years ago but some in box in loft for DD) albeit Customs limit was lower then and officer just laughed, asked if all the shoes were for me (yes) and waved me through.

Sad your trippy has come to an end as thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt lots about both Florida and life in general and look forward to reading TF update and a pre-trip for your Cruise (hopefully). Thanks again for sharing - it has given me something funny, interesting and well written to read while relaxing/recovering xx

Edited at 04:52 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
What a shame it's over, but what an amazing holiday. It's been such a good read,thank you and I look forward to the next one
Thanks so much, i love jack - I really appreciate your comments. It was an amazing holiday - I can't imagine we could ever have a better one. But that doesn't mean we won't try.

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Cant believe the day has come 😕 the end of the trippie . Do you two scare off other park goers? More quiet parks 😀😀😀 no wonder you had to recover after those rides...best mum ever award ( and I mean that on a more serious note also ) . Thankyou to both of you for such an entertaining , absolutely hilarious and very moving / emotional trippy...Poot, I loved your bits the most 😍 Please please do another one . We go next May and we cant wait . My hubby isnt well off and on with crohns and we need a break ! I hope we can have a holiday with a good balance like yours was and enjoyed as much ! 😀😀😀😀 xxxxxx
Oh no, Jemima! I have a cousin who has Crohn's - that is NO fun. Disney is GREAT about adapting meals for people - hopefully your DH will be able to really enjoy himself. I think you hit the nail on the head - balance is key. You know R.C. has rheumatoid arthritis - he just can't do sixteen hour park days - but sometimes HAVING to slow down is a blessing. Our best times at WDW weren't on rides - they were the moments that other folks might call "wasted time".

Thanks so much for your good humour - it has been a joy to have you as a reader. I hope that your trip is everything you dream it will be - please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything I can do to help. We Celts have to stick together.

And you are right, Poot's bits are the best - I will make sure that he knows you think so, too. At duchy's instigation - I'm going to excise them and make them into a book for Father's Day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I'm sad this has finished. I enjoyed the journey and look forward to travelling (virtually) with you on your transatlantic to New York. You never know I may even know my wand by then. (love the princess greyhound, thanks)
I picked that b*tch out for you specially, Scotty. I couldn't do any less for my fellow INTJ.

And many, many thanks for your participation in the report - it has been great fun to get to know you a little.
Old 26 May 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

The trippie is over - say it ain't so April. I did some more checking on the old Amex/Portofino and I found it on the USA one and on a buried list somewhere on the NL one - so maybe all hope is not lost there.
Can I just say - 8 bags, really - 8 bags. I now have a mental picture of you dressed like Joan Collins with an entourage pushing all your bags to the check in desk

I loved the patronus parade - there were some cute ones in there, I loved the princess greyhound.
As for me and my techiness - no-one wants to talk about that - I can bore the pants off people if I talk about what I do for a living.

Your trip report has truly been a herculean effort and I'm sad it has finished - much like I'm sad when I get to the end of a good book. Now there is this thing called social groups on the Dibb
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/group.php
You could always start a social group for general HP/TF/Disney chatter. I'm sure that group would take off - I'd sign up

If you visit Amsterdam and want a guide let me know - as long as it isn't museums - museums make me want to unless they are engineering/natural history ones.

Thank you so much for the entertainment of your report and the subsequent chatter.
Liz xx
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Lovely relaxing last few days apart from the packing everything into all that luggage. Loved Poots description of the pins and may even try to get my DD into pin trading if we ever get back again anytime soon (hoping for last minute at end of year once I get my last op and recover).

I laughed at no-one at Customs as reminds me of when I came back from a holiday to Hong Kong with my parents pre kids and DH when I had all receipts for my many purchases (none of which would fit me now as over 25 years ago but some in box in loft for DD) albeit Customs limit was lower then and officer just laughed, asked if all the shoes were for me (yes) and waved me through.

Sad your trippy has come to an end as thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt lots about both Florida and life in general and look forward to reading TF update and a pre-trip for your Cruise (hopefully). Thanks again for sharing - it has given me something funny, interesting and well written to read while relaxing/recovering xx
I'm sending all my best wishes for your recovery, Mel - and I hope you get your sneaky Christmas trip! I love all the parks at that time of year.

I like your Customs story (I like any story with SHOES) - I think the only time I've been "naughty" at Customs was in America - when I brought in some illegal cheese and Cuban cigars.

Thank you for your comments, Mel - it was a real treat to have you with us for this journey. I hope that your Bison continues to protect you - though maybe it's that spirit of "abundance" that caused the trouble with your Hong Kong clothes! Bad Bison!
Old 26 May 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Hi

I have just finished binge reading your report and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Your writing style is very engaging, in fact, so engaging that I have spent all day reading and the patio furniture still hasn't been stained and the gate still needs to be mended but who cares? I'll do it all tomorrow in the rain, it was worth it.

I only came across your report because we are heading for the Gulf Coast this year for the first time and I noticed Sanibel was included, I only intended to read those parts but it was so good I read it all. I found myself laughing out loud on many occasions, every time I finished a day I couldn't help myself, I just had to get straight on to the next one (I almost forgot to collect DS from school, I was so engrossed, that'll be me discounted from the 'Mother of the Year' shortlist again then!).

As I was reading I started to think you might be some kind of packing genius, there were so many different outfits and fancy dress costumes, not to mention the mammoth shopping haul during your trip. At one point I was actually thinking of asking you to rustle up a YouTube video of top packing tips because any woman who could get all that stuff in to 2 suitcases was a woman of superior packing skill in my book. It wasn't until the last post that I discovered your secret, 4 suitcases and 4 carry on bags! . Mind you, you did well to get it all in to those, I was beginning to think a shipping container might be required

Poot is great, I really enjoyed his input, you must be very proud of him. I can so relate to Poot and his elevated sense of justice, our 8 year old son is exactly the same.

Finally, I would like to request that your next trip should be at least 6-8 weeks long, 4 weeks worth of trip report is just not enough

Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to write this report and please let us know how it goes with TF.

Donna
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
The trippie is over - say it ain't so April. I did some more checking on the old Amex/Portofino and I found it on the USA one and on a buried list somewhere on the NL one - so maybe all hope is not lost there.
Can I just say - 8 bags, really - 8 bags. I now have a mental picture of you dressed like Joan Collins with an entourage pushing all your bags to the check in desk

I loved the patronus parade - there were some cute ones in there, I loved the princess greyhound.
As for me and my techiness - no-one wants to talk about that - I can bore the pants off people if I talk about what I do for a living.

Your trip report has truly been a herculean effort and I'm sad it has finished - much like I'm sad when I get to the end of a good book. Now there is this thing called social groups on the Dibb
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/group.php
You could always start a social group for general HP/TF/Disney chatter. I'm sure that group would take off - I'd sign up

If you visit Amsterdam and want a guide let me know - as long as it isn't museums - museums make me want to unless they are engineering/natural history ones.

Thank you so much for the entertainment of your report and the subsequent chatter.
Liz xx
Wow, Liz - you're even prettier than I imagined.

But yes - EIGHT CASES. Two of them were full of books, though. And one was full of sporting goods. It's not like I have cases of make-up - I only own one lipstick!

I did have a nosy at the (English) FHR list - and Portofino ain't on it - calling Brighton is on my list for next week - I will PM you whatever I hear.

And I laughed out loud at "Tiny Fencer Chatter" - you ladies in this thread have really been such great support as I navigated my way through some rocky waters.

Hartelijk Bedankt to you, my friend. I have really enjoyed getting to know you a little - it would be lovely to meet one day. I actually have a cousin who lives in Delft - and I keep meaning to get over to the Netherlands. It's stupid that I've never been - especially when it's such an easy journey these days.

And I promise - no art museums. Can we go to one of those Indonesian rice table places, though?

PS: Thanks for teaching me "fnarr, fnarr". I just KNOW that will come in handy...