Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Ooh Chinotto ...

Thanks for educating and entertaining us as usual, and I hope all is now tranquil chez GopherLass and lads.

DH's repertoire in colicky circumstances was a bit of Cliff (Mistletoe & Wine) and Shenandoah - as soon as DD was capable of independent movement she would reach up and put her hand over his mouth
LOL, sotagals - I was JUST thinking about you (it was the Latin that did it). It figures that a classy lady like yourself would appreciate a glass of Chinotto!

And how much do I love the idea of a baby being soothed (or not ) with "Mistletoe and Wine"?

But because I am a TOTAL watering pot, I cannot listen to "Shenandoah" without crying.

away, we're bound away... 'cross the wide Missouri... SNIFFLE.

Maybe that should be the poll for next week's post, eh? What were everyone's "colic songs"?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So wonderful to ‘hear’ from you!

Norwegian’s thrown together pre-landing snack were much appeals to me, I love quiche, anything in mayonnaise, Boursin and Ferrero Rocher.

Sad news about Cheeseboy. I am very much looking forward to shopping for our Christmas cheeses.

‘I’ve had to live my whole life in Europe’, dearest Poot, I am certain there are worse places to live. This really made me laugh and I have to curb my LOLing at the laptop randomly now that I live with a boy.

So glad that Poot is well. I am very annoyed at the concierge on his behalf, mocking a child isn't very cool.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So wonderful to ‘hear’ from you!

Norwegian’s thrown together pre-landing snack were much appeals to me, I love quiche, anything in mayonnaise, Boursin and Ferrero Rocher.

Sad news about Cheeseboy. I am very much looking forward to shopping for our Christmas cheeses.

‘I’ve had to live my whole life in Europe’, dearest Poot, I am certain there are worse places to live. This really made me laugh and I have to curb my LOLing at the laptop randomly now that I live with a boy.

So glad that Poot is well. I am very annoyed at the concierge on his behalf, mocking a child isn't very cool.
So pleased to hear that you are in the house at last. That same day we had the requested "cheese feast" for Poot's birthday. So Joy was Unconfined up and down this island.

Bless the Target lady, she was lovely with Poot. She waited patiently while he listed all the things we have to go without in Europe. On the whole, I'm with Poot there - but I try and be sensitive to the fact that sometimes the America Rah Rah Hoorah stuff pricks R.C.'s pride. Hmm...

It's a tricky one when adults are insensitive/mean to kids. My bad angel wants me to punch said adult in the face, but my PRACTICAL ANGEL (he's the one who works overtime in my head) says, "Better that he know now that some people are just mean."

The Queen has a whole routine she uses with rude people, but I can never make myself prolong the interaction long enough to do it...

Rude Person: Rude remark.
The Queen: I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. WHAT did you say?
Rude Person: Repeats rude remark.
The Queen: Oh, dear - I still missed it. WHAT did you say?
Rude Person (now visibly embarrassed): Mumbles rude remark.
The Queen: AH, that's what I thought you said. (Walks away)
Old 2 Dec 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
If only I could be free at 2pm for the Latin tutorial, I am in dire need.

I think I was way too frazzled with the lack of sleep to be able to sing a soothing song. DS is a very poor sleeper, I say is as at 13 he is still up at 6am and we wonder if we will ever have the luxury of moaning that he is still in bed at noon! He rarely slept during the daytime and never for more than a couple of hours at a time as a baby. I returned to work full time when he was 6 months old and apparently at nursery he slept fine I think he was about 18 months before he slept through the night and of course then I got pregnant again... Fortunately DD was an angel baby and slept through from about 3 months.

Colette took us back down the route of foods we love, I really like this game! I imagine we will be onto the foods we hate shortly. Well, I too love quiche, mayo, Boursin and Ferrero rocher so we know what to buy each other for Christmas now, don't we!

I very much admire the Queen for her way of dealing with rudeness, it feels like you would have to appear fairly aloof in order to pull it off properly. I'm going to give it a try!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
If only I could be free at 2pm for the Latin tutorial, I am in dire need.

I think I was way too frazzled with the lack of sleep to be able to sing a soothing song. DS is a very poor sleeper, I say is as at 13 he is still up at 6am and we wonder if we will ever have the luxury of moaning that he is still in bed at noon! He rarely slept during the daytime and never for more than a couple of hours at a time as a baby. I returned to work full time when he was 6 months old and apparently at nursery he slept fine I think he was about 18 months before he slept through the night and of course then I got pregnant again... Fortunately DD was an angel baby and slept through from about 3 months.

Colette took us back down the route of foods we love, I really like this game! I imagine we will be onto the foods we hate shortly. Well, I too love quiche, mayo, Boursin and Ferrero rocher so we know what to buy each other for Christmas now, don't we!

I very much admire the Queen for her way of dealing with rudeness, it feels like you would have to appear fairly aloof in order to pull it off properly. I'm going to give it a try!

18 months! I think I would have been driven to homicidal rage at that point. Poot was (more than) a handful awake - Praise The Lord he slept through the night at nine weeks. We did that "5 S" technique and he would just DROP. R.C. was way better at it than me - he could get Poot to sleep in like 90 seconds.

And...Yes to mayo and Boursin. No to Ferrero Rocher (nuts are for baklava, only - OBVIOUSLY). I'll eat quiche, but only if it's cold (it's the egg smell, otherwise).

My father always called a quiche "a quickie" - and my poor brother got in a bit of trouble at school because of that. My mother still likes to remind him what his fifth grade teacher said, "Mrs. Shamrock, I've never before had to explain to fifth graders about SEXUAL INNUENDO." Poor Queen. Of course my father thought it was a scream. "That's my lad!"

And...yes...The Queen says things I only wish I could say. People have called me many things, but "fairly aloof" is not one of them.
Old 3 Dec 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I knew your 'highs and lows' wouldn't disappoint April, bravo on getting to 12 pages for the introduction! It's this scene-setting and detail we come for so please know this is genuine praise

So glad to hear Poot was fine and that you seem to be doing better too?

Looking forward to the rest of the report
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I knew your 'highs and lows' wouldn't disappoint April, bravo on getting to 12 pages for the introduction! It's this scene-setting and detail we come for so please know this is genuine praise

So glad to hear Poot was fine and that you seem to be doing better too?

Looking forward to the rest of the report

Ah, Tara - you ARE kind to call my 12 pages of Drunkard's Walk "scene setting and detail".

Many thanks for dropping in, fellow slattern!
Old 6 Dec 17, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Always a treat to see one of your trip reports. .

I sing my daughter old girl scout camp songs and Broadway show tunes.thankfully she is not colicky, but she does not eat well at daycare, so at 8 months she still nurses 2-3 times a night.

Edited at 12:23 AM.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Always a treat to see one of your trip reports. .

I sing my daughter old girl scout camp songs and Broadway show tunes.thankfully she is not colicky, but she does not eat well at daycare, so at 8 months she still nurses 2-3 times a night.

Welcome, friend Skittl!

I did Girl Scout camp songs, too. Poot always liked "Eddie Cucha Catcha Cama" - though R.C. did not approve of that one (poor Eddie drowns, as I'm sure you recall).

And 2-3 times per night - at 8 months?!

You should get a medal. A BIG medal.

...next post should be up on Friday (not that you asked)...
Old 7 Dec 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Tiny Fencer Update

OK...I’m going to do this update as a separate post - so that when I create the cruise link people just ducking in for the sailing don’t see a besworded amphibian and click away!

Several of you have asked how TF is doing at school...

Well...as it happens, TF is NOT at the English boarding school this autumn. His parents wanted him home in Paris for...the birth of his new little sister!

*** (not his new little sister)

So heaps of congratulations to SGP and the Avocat. I would guess that SGP is around my age - and while I would have certainly liked more children - I can’t imagine having a newborn baby NOW. But their family has paid help, so I’m sure that will...help.

The plan - currently - is for TF to start boarding school NEXT YEAR instead. And because I am a selfish, selfish creature...I can’t help wondering what that will mean for ME.

OK, my moral failings well and truly established...let’s cruise!