Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Aug 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tink18 View Post
OMG this is totally me, DF is usually really good and just takes off all the cheese where as I take nearly everything off and asking for something on the side is me being adventurous
Haha, Yes thats my DF all over!

He veto'd Teppan Edo and also Boma from our list! But I managed to keep the Tusker house reservation because he gets to meet Donald in his safari gear!

Also we opted for BOG breakfast rather than lunch as at least he can get a 'fry up'!

Hope you are having a good time!
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Following! Looking forward to hearing all about it
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
Haha, Yes thats my DF all over!

He veto'd Teppan Edo and also Boma from our list! But I managed to keep the Tusker house reservation because he gets to meet Donald in his safari gear!

Also we opted for BOG breakfast rather than lunch as at least he can get a 'fry up'!

Hope you are having a good time!

Not to put a spoiler in but you need to get Teppen Edo back on the table its awesome, how about Boma for breakfast? You’ve got bacon, sauasage, pancake and a CYO omelette station plus a few more adventurous things to try
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Travel Day 2

Cafe Nero

Our alarm this morning was 4:45am, a violation of my human rights I’m sure but I powered through. Normally my stomach goes all queasy on me when I fly and I can’t eat before but today it was fine. We decided on sausage baps from Cafe Nero and I got a Hot Chocolate.

The bread on these was nicely toasted and piping hot but the sausages were only luke warm, not sure if that’s how they normally are it seemed a bit odd. My hot chocolate also tasted like bitter cocoa powder at the start so not sure what went wrong with that either.

Total of £9.45, filled a hole but nothing great would probably go somewhere else next time.

Virgin Atlantic

Choices for food were Chicken Curry, Sausage and Mash or Creamy Tomato and mozzarella pasta. I hate plane food with a passion, if its curry it smells like curry (yes they all smell the same to me and I don’t like them, a very unpopular opinion I know) and the rest all smells like each other. I went for the pasta, took one sniff and although it smelt like a tomato pasta sort of concoction I wasn’t feeling brave enough to try it. It also came with a pot of Boursin and crackers, creamy pesto pasta salad (cold food so not going anywhere near it, although had my main been pesto pasta I probably would have had a personality transplant and tried it) and a small GU Passionfruit cheesecake pot. It was a Passionfruit cheesecake cake top with a passionfruit compote at the base. The top was nice, light and fruity but the compote felt congealed and I left that. BF managed to polish off my portion of cheese and crackers before trying his Sausage and Mash. The mash has Parmesan cheese on so he didn’t touch that and the sausages were graded as mediocre.

They also brought round a light afternoon tea, a cheese and tomato chutney sandwich which we both declined, a packet of honey, butter and salted crisps and a nutty nougat bar. BF liked the crisps so ate mine when I offered them up, they just sounded a bit too weird for me.

I must say the flight to JFK was great, the cabin crew were fantastic and had no problem with giving out two of the drinks we were ordering. I know it sounds hard core but I was drinking tea, although 7 cups in one flight is my new record.

Wendy’s JFK Airport

We arrived at JFK to a lovely quick immigration queue and felt like we were winning, we then quickly learnt we had a two hour delay to add to our 4 hour connection time.

I hadn’t eaten since breakfast so roughly 10 hours and I was feeling rather peckish. I went for the 4 piece chicken tenders and fries.

These were good, not Disney chicken nuggets good but they did their job, fries were good and I’m glad to have skin on fries - not enough places in the UK serve these.

DF went for a Baconator with no cheese (I did warn you this would happen a lot) he said it was alright but from the reviews he’d heard he was expecting something much better. We are both tired and cranky so maybe this has impacted our opinion.

tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Enjoying the writing, nice level of detail

The dual temperature sausage bap sounds familiar, provably they microwaved it from cold as a complete sandwich with the sausage taking way longer to heat up than the bread. So you'll get either cold sausage or inedible bread. Better if they heat the sausage a bit separately first.

Shame Wendys disappointed, we almost went there but ended up at Chick fil-A instead. Looking forward to more lol.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You’ve made a brill start 😁

Looking forward to following on!

Have a lovely time.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not to put a spoiler in but you need to get Teppen Edo back on the table its awesome, how about Boma for breakfast? You’ve got bacon, sauasage, pancake and a CYO omelette station plus a few more adventurous things to try
Well we've got all our ADR's booked currently, but we have 2 for Ohana, one of which im planning on cancelling. So we might be able to squeeze Teppan Edo back in

We are currently planning on returning in 2020 with my parents, so all of the more adventurous ADRs are currently planned for then as it will be 3 against 1 haha!

Our list is currently: Tusker house breakfast, 50s Prime Time, Skipper Canteen, Ohana Dinner, Garden Grill Dinner & Breakfast, Kona Cafe, Trails end brunch, Cali Grill brunch, BOG breakfast, Sci-Fi & Yachtsman.

We do have a long list of snacks that we want to conquer too!
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I also agree with you about Zellotape trying to fit Teppen Edo back in if they can, as it is very good. We actually have it booked for our last evening meal before home time.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 11:34 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Enjoying the writing, nice level of detail

The dual temperature sausage bap sounds familiar, provably they microwaved it from cold as a complete sandwich with the sausage taking way longer to heat up than the bread. So you'll get either cold sausage or inedible bread. Better if they heat the sausage a bit separately first.

Shame Wendys disappointed, we almost went there but ended up at Chick fil-A instead. Looking forward to more lol.
Thanks I’m really enjoying writing it this year

I think half of the disappointment from Wendy’s was the dire terminal at JFK and the news about the delay but I would try again, not sure if it’s the fact your trapped at the airport so they don’t have to try as hard with food quality
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Ds loves Wendy’s and has to fit in about 5 each holiday.Pesto is one of my pet hates so that’s a no from me ! Loving your report x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List