Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Has anyone ever thought that they sound like the people they are commenting about !

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Gally1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Orlando in 2009 on A Virgin plane and had 2 x 23Kgs luggage allowance each - which was standard for them at that point. My hairdresser told me that I was wrong and that I would have to pay a fortune at the airport if I took that much luggage.
She said I was wrong, and when I showed her my e ticket thing she said that was wrong. I even showed her the website and she said Virgin had made a mistake - on their own website!
Normally I just ignore people but she did really wind me up - she’s not my hairdresser anymore .

Edited at 11:26 PM.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I had a colleague at work, who had been to WDW before and had shared stories, experiences etc. BUT, he knew best for his latest trip and would not be persuaded that using MDE to book fast passes before you arrived would be a good idea
" We'll see what we get on the day"
At that point I never bothered on sharing much more.

Head hitting brick wall and despite advising on looking on The Dibb to help, he knew best

At least he did it his way- not sure he will be going back though

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

My auntie has booked to go next year, same time as us. She was told by her travel agent that Disney had pulled all free dining, so they didn’t get that (they booked not long after free dining started and before Disney pulled the hotels) but they didn’t want it anyway because they prefer to eat at Disney Springs and you can’t use it there anyway! Wouldn’t listen when I said they’d been seriously misled!

Edited at 09:39 AM.
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t care if someone wants to do things differently to me. It’s the people who have been given wrong information that worry me. Or the ones who are trying to boast that they got something not everyone gets when it’s not true. These are the ones that then mislead other people.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I can’t stand people who claim to know everything about every subject under the sun. My partner’s uncle is one of them, I was telling him about a sloth encounter at the zoo (my birthday present) and he tried to tell me everything the zookeeper had said was wrong. He’s a retired banker, but of course he knows best...really winds me up!
Add to that people who won’t admit that they’re wrong, like the hairdresser in the story in this thread. Stop digging and get out of your hole!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

People do it on here too though.

Easter day will be quieter at Seaworld. (no, no it really won't, we have done it, they have the biggest Christian service in Florida on Easter morning, lots stay.)
"you can always pick up more fastpasses when you have used the 3" (at Easter? not always, no - unless you want The Muppets at 7pm when we'd already done it with no FP and no queue at 11am)

or even "You have to try the pineapple Dole whip, it is fantastic!" (no, it is not... a non-dairy, frozen, soft-serve desert made from sugar, oil, and gum.)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nic18076 View Post
We went to Orlando in 2009 on A Virgin plane and had 2 x 23Kgs luggage allowance each - which was standard for them at that point. My hairdresser told me that I was wrong and that I would have to pay a fortune at the airport if I took that much luggage.
She said I was wrong, and when I showed her my e ticket thing she said that was wrong. I even showed her the website and she said Virgin had made a mistake - on their own website!
Normally I just ignore people but she did really wind me up - she’s not my hairdresser anymore .
This just reminded me about an incident in the check in queue at Blackpool Airport years ago. This woman was going on and on to this family that their luggage was too heavy and they wouldn’t be allowed to check it in. A right know it all ! When she got to check in she had taken her daughters passport instead of her own. Problem with giving advice to others sometimes you don’t concentrate on what you are doing yourself !

We did wait until we were out of view before we laughed !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
People do it on here too though.

Easter day will be quieter at Seaworld. (no, no it really won't, we have done it, they have the biggest Christian service in Florida on Easter morning, lots stay.)
"you can always pick up more fastpasses when you have used the 3" (at Easter? not always, no - unless you want The Muppets at 7pm when we'd already done it with no FP and no queue at 11am)

or even "You have to try the pineapple Dole whip, it is fantastic!" (no, it is not... a non-dairy, frozen, soft-serve desert made from sugar, oil, and gum.)
But one of those things is your opinion, and the others are possibly right possibly not. We're talking about things that people say that are dead wrong.

Its not holiday advice related, but once a colleague kept insisting to me that the main character in the Twilight films is called Belle. I haven't even seen them and I know its Bella! But she kept going no no its Belle I know for sure I've seen them all and read the books. There comes a point where its on the verge of a really awkward full blown argument and you have to back down even if you know you're right. And if you whip out your phone to prove them wrong then 'you're' the dick.

I still get mad thinking about it now lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OttoPlugnut View Post
So everyone is a Wally if they quote some duff Disney info?
Really?
oh no! not at all, i'll be the first to say i don't know everything! thats why i constantly come n here -to educate myself. until you have done something you never know do you.

what got me was the was it was being mansplaining to me, in a louder voice and every time i tried to say i was not sure that was correct i was talked over!

if someone was to come to me tomorrow and say they have just come back and did x y and z that i did not know about i wouldn't disagree but ask them more about it. but this person was there about the same time as me a few years ago so i know what he was saying was wrong.

Oh and just because someone has been many times does not mean that they cannot be tough more...
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List