Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Bored after four days

My husband is not keen on going. He is not looking forward to it but friends persuaded him he should come with us.
Anyone, another friend, someone from Florida actually but who now resides in Canada, has advised we will be bored of Disney after four days. He is now trying to persuade me to go for a week instead of two.
So my question is, will we really be bored of Disney after four days? I think not and no one else has mentioned this.
VibrantEpiphany is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Absolutely no one can answer that question for you. For me I’ve not been bored in more than 20 years of visiting so I certainly wouldn’t be bored after 4 days. Even as experienced visitors a week was nowhere near enough time for us. But that’s us. If you husband doesn’t want to go then I’m not sure how you can convince him he’ll enjoy it. I think you need to find out what he would like in a holiday and see if you can find things at Disney that would match up with that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think your DH is crazzzzy lol.
I don’t know anyone who has been bored after 4 days! We are still finding different things to experience after going for 15 years. I’d bet my house that he doesn’t get bored lol
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Florida isnt just disney? Forget the parks just for a walk you have celebration? Bok tower? Disneys wilderness reserve ? Wallmartians? Thats just things to see.
Then there is eaty places ,beaches , waterparks, shopping (if thats your thing)
Old town car shows.
Please dont just look at florida disney as just disney. And if you do there is pleanty to do and see.
And if he dont try it he will never know.

Colin
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
inkiboo
Earning More Ears

We've been coming to Florida since 1989. I count the number of times I've been to Disney on two hands.

Florida is 100% not just about Disney and if I spent two weeks just doing Disney I would consider that a complete waste of a trip.
inkiboo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well I reckon it takes a minimum of 5 days just to get round the parks once (2 for MK 1 everywhere else but might need an extra one for HS now!) Even then you miss loads. Most couldn’t do five straight days so you need a couple of rest days too and travel days so probably eight nights is pretty much the minimum. You could perhaps suggest 12 nights as a compromise. However then there is the rest of Orlando to do! I doubt he’ll be bored he’ll probably love it but maybe ask what he wants to do beyond the parks and check out the forum on that too.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I must admit the first time I went I was overwhelmed and a bit confused by Epcot. DS was little and we did innovations but I didn't realise truly what the world showcase was. It's one of our faves now. I think anyone who is bored maybe doesn't realise how many parks there are? Or hasn't done any research. There's so much to offer above and beyond just rides too.
DCL 2019

Edited at 11:20 AM.
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
I must admit the first time I went I was overwhelmed and a bit confused by Epcot. DS was little and we did innovations but I didn't realise truly what the world showcase was. It's one of our faves now. I think anyone who is bored maybe doesn't realise how many perks there are? Or hasn't done any research. There's so much to offer above and beyond just rides too.
Same with us regarding Epcot - definitely one our favourite parks now. There is also so much more to Florida Disney
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, I have to say, my husband would not want to do 4 consecutive days of Disney (or any theme park) but if you mix in the park days with all the other things there are to do then you can easily fill a 2 week holiday.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I get bored of Disney sometimes. It is lovely, but the days are a bit full for me - they don't have to be, but the rest of my family like to storm the place!

So we go somewhere else for a bit - off to Kennedy Space Centre for a day, or shopping in one of the Malls, or mini-golf, or just spend a day swimming and chilling at the villa, or Universal, or Seaworld, or one of the natural springs, or go to the coast for a day, or Wild Florida, Celebration visit, an airboat ride, tacky souvenir shopping on the 192, massive breakfast or a big piece of pie at Perkins.

Our Disney holiday is often very little to do with Disney at all...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List