Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile Tell me about visiting in hurricane season

As the title says, I’d love to hear other Dibbers experiences of visiting in hurricane season.

We’ve visited before in Jan, Feb, May, June and Nov on various trips in the past but this time we’re going end of Sept/start of October.

Now this doesn’t actually concern me; my thoughts are I can’t control the weather, we can only respond to it and we’ll deal with whatever happens but still have a great holiday.
However I made the mistake of sharing this info at work and a couple of folks who have been at that time are advising we change so as not to go at that time as they say it’s awful if a hurricane hits.

What do you say Dibbers? Am I being completely ignorant on this subject?
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We have been 6 times in September and only had one storm experience and it was Erica which never actually hit in the end!
Other then that the weather has been fantastic!
We go again in September this year!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 10:06 AM.
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I've only ever been in September and have never had any storms and only very little rain. When I was there last September I had 2 hours of rain one afternoon and that was it. I'm going again in September this year and next year.

Edited at 10:09 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were there when Matthew hit and to be honest it made our experience more unique but didn’t really affect us too much. Yes we lost a day where we were confined to our hotel but we’d been monitoring its path before and prepped as such before. All of the locals are so used to hurricanes they pretty much take it in their stride. Matthew of course wasn’t as bad as they thought it would be in the end however Irmer may have been a different experience which I can’t comment on
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We have gone most years since 2006 around september times and other than some really cools storms , never had an issue.
Old 4 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
quizzer
Getting to know the DIBB

We were there during Irma, and as mentioned before, it certainly made the holiday a unique experience! We've booked to go back at the same time this year, I think that says it all. Lost a couple of park days, but the days before and after were amazingly quiet, plus it came a week into our trip so we were pretty much ready for an enforced rest day or two. Ultimately, I say don't worry at all.
quizzer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

We were there for hurricane Irma in 2017. Staying in a villa it was quite nerve wracking not knowing what to expect. We found it difficult to obtain stocks of food as most of the shelves were empty by time we got there. We had to queue for water in Walmart and they limited supplies to each person.
There was a curfew for 24 hours, and considerable damage on the estate, although fortunately not to us. Electricity supplies were out, so restaurants and shops were closed for a day or two.
We have been before in September and this was the first time it had happened to us. So it wouldn't stop us going then again.
johnb is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
inkiboo
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hurricanes very rarely hit Orlando directly so I would not worry.
inkiboo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have been several times end sept/beginning Oct and going that time this year flying 21st September. We’ve been there for a few hurricanes including Irma and Mathew hasn’t spoilt anything . I think it was hurricane Mathew we were staying on site at universal the day before the hurricane was due we ran around the parks as they were quiet and then spent the next day confined to the hotel drinking gin. Didn’t spoil our enjoyment at all.
Old 4 May 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Indie
Earning My Ears

Mobile

We go mostly in September had a few hurricanes scares but never been a problem , mostly they don’t hit and go off course and all you experience is rain and wind for a few hours . Really a nice time to visit !
Indie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List