Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Is this a good price -Should I book or wait ?!

Hello All,

I have been looking for a while now to book for September/October next year and just wondering if I should wait for October holiday prices to come out- will they get any cheaper than September as per below?

British Airways

Flying from Edinburgh

15th Sept to Sun 27th(12 Nights) is £1,041.00/pp

Staying at the Adevntura in Universal.

Many thanks
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Outside school holidays. Even with the hotel seems expensive to me but I don’t know if there is a premium to fly from Edinburgh
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

The closer to school holidays you get then generally everything gets more expensive. Not sure when Scottish schools have their half term but in England its usually last 2 weeks of October so from the second week of October the prices start to increase.

I'm not sure if that's a good price or not as have no experience of BA or flying from Edinburgh... Staying onsite doesn't come in cheap either though. Maybe price the hotel on it's own & look at the difference in the two prices to see if you feel you are getting a good deal with flight included
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95

Mobile

Flights are around 500-600 worst case and the hotel is 120/ night so it's still around 500 cheaper than booking by itself .

To be honest I've never had an experience in Orlando where booking separately has ever been cheaper , there is just the two of us going . I think booking as a family there seems to be discounts but I can't seem to find much cheaper
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think it’s too dear for dates out with school holidays. I would want that for no more than £850 pp for me indirect from Edinburgh and that hotel.
Still too far out to get the best prices.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

I've just priced up roughly for your dates and if you did it separately I got flights with BA through Netflights for £381 each and then again Hotel only with Netflights was £1200 so per person it would be roughly £981 each which is slightly cheaper. Funnily enough though if I did hotel and flight together with them it came in at £1059 each!

We have just returned 18th-28th so 10 days rather than 12 at Aventura and from Gatwick and we paid £645 each. We booked about 3 months before travelling and it was with Thomas Cook which obviously didn't end well but we have always managed a good deal in September. I would wait personally but know a lot of people like to have it booked.

This was the first time I had booked a package for several years as it was such a good price but don't think I will do it again...lol...

Edited at 02:39 PM.
loopylaura is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95

Mobile

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
I think it’s too dear for dates out with school holidays. I would want that for no more than £850 pp for me indirect from Edinburgh and that hotel.
Still too far out to get the best prices.

Thanks for your input . Would would you recommend booking for best possible price ? I don't mind waiting at all . FYI we paid 1089 with tui two years ago staying at the adventura flying direct from Glasgow .

Would love to get nearer the 850 mark but wasn't sure I could get it that cheap with it being on site ? Thanks 😊
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95

Mobile

Originally Posted by loopylaura View Post
I've just priced up roughly for your dates and if you did it separately I got flights with BA through Netflights for £381 each and then again Hotel only with Netflights was £1200 so per person it would be roughly £981 each which is slightly cheaper. Funnily enough though if I did hotel and flight together with them it came in at £1059 each!

We have just returned 18th-28th so 10 days rather than 12 at Aventura and from Gatwick and we paid £645 each. We booked about 3 months before travelling and it was with Thomas Cook which obviously didn't end well but we have always managed a good deal in September. I would wait personally but know a lot of people like to have it booked.

This was the first time I had booked a package for several years as it was such a good price but don't think I will do it again...lol...
Yeah I know Gatwick is much cheaper than flying from Scotland . That is a total steal of a price though -645 wow . Did you just book dates off and hope the prices were low ? As I've asked before do the prices generally get much lower the longer you wait , I usually book before the end of December each year for the following September
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

We lived in Moray for 20 odd years so know the pain of trying to find a good price from Scotland...….we moved back to Devon a couple of years ago so we are enjoying getting better prices lol...

My DH works offshore so have to take holiday on his time off. I booked off holiday from work and we just looked for a good price within the two weeks I had booked off. We like 10 days as we have been a lot so just do the Universal Parks now as we have AP.

I definitely think you will get a better price if you waited. I know now what a good price is for mid May and mid September when we usually go and I wouldn't want to pay over a £1000 each. As I said I usually book 3/4 months before we want to go but I do constantly check prices and then book if a deal comes along. I tend to use Travelbag a lot for hotel only as their Universal Hotel prices are usually pretty good. Netflights I have used for flights quite a few times or direct with the Airline - whoever is cheapest to be honest.

I know Scottish October holidays are usually first week in October onwards so would definitely go mid September if it is just the two of you. I will only get more expensive for October. Good luck with finding a deal!
loopylaura is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We paid £1050 each last year for flights, villa & car for 14 nights in August school holidays. Just in case you want something to compare it to.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List