Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Oct 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile Rumours of WDW construction delays - Tron, GOG

Just when I was starting to have some faith in my newly planned 2021 trip this is being rumoured:

kennythepirate/2020/...ikely-delayed/

Delays to Tron and Guardians until 2022. Hope it’s not another sign of how 2021 will pan out in WDW.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

I think it's more an indication of how 2020 has panned out and Disney being reluctant to pay for continued construction, the marketing new attractions and to hire and train staff to operate them if there is the slightest doubt over the opening date going ahead and the park being at full capacity.

Summer 2021 may still a little bit uncertain in terms of restrictions being lifted and people would be attracted to come anyway in Fall for the 50th/ Halloween/ Xmas so I totally understand why they're playing safe and going for 2022 to draw in the biggest crowds possible.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
I think it's more an indication of how 2020 has panned out and Disney being reluctant to pay for continued construction, the marketing new attractions and to hire and train staff to operate them if there is the slightest doubt over the opening date going ahead and the park being at full capacity.

Summer 2021 may still a little bit uncertain in terms of restrictions being lifted and people would be attracted to come anyway in Fall for the 50th/ Halloween/ Xmas so I totally understand why they're playing safe and going for 2022 to draw in the biggest crowds possible.
It looks like we have a similar countdown!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I saw this a few days. This is one of the reasons we decided to hold fire until 22 as I had a feeling this pandemic would have a knock on effect.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Five years to build Tron which is a copy of the Shanghai ride is ridiculous. Another reason to head to Universal next year.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Was so looking forward to riding Tron next year. I don't think they will open Ratatouille this year, they will leave it to next year so they can say something opened.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Five years to build Tron which is a copy of the Shanghai ride is ridiculous. Another reason to head to Universal next year.
It is very odd how long it takes Disney compared with Universal.

Now doubting whether to push back to Spring 2022 as well. For the chance of doing more new rides.

We won’t be back then until 2024 due to a family trip to Oz in 2023.
Old 26 Oct 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm not bothered about them so hopefully I'll be able to get there next September.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As much as I’m looking forward to both Tron and GOTG I’ll just be grateful if I can have a semi-normal trip next year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Its disappointing to see Disney falling behind like this.

They like to spread out new attractions so I think we'll see Ratatouille in Spring 2021. Torn 'maybe' Autumn 2021, but probably Spring 2022 and Guardians 2023.

Meanwhile over at Universal, they are really showing Disney up at the minute, they have already started testing Velocicoaster...
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List