Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Sep 12, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lauz
Imagineer

Great travel day, shame about the people in front! Looking forward to reading more!
lauz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Travel day... always stressful. Looking forward to the next day and all of your great pics
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report - I get really tence and nervous when I travel too Looking forward to Day 2
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lanny
Excited about Disney

really enjoyed reading the start to your report looking forward to reading more
Old 11 Sep 12, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great, cant wait to read more!
I notice you are from Leicestershire, same here!
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

A great read - cant wait for more!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Fabulous start, lol at the Gu pots... l was gutted as well

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Long travel day but you are there!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Originally Posted by jocat View Post
A great start to your trippie. I took lots of notes this year to do my own. Might have to make a start once I sort my photos out.

I'm not keen on unpacking properly when we get there either - we normally just get the toiletries out and pyjamas, then unpack the next morning when we're up at some ungodly hour!
Hi jocat

You must have a go at writing a trip report, it lovely to get nice comments from people but more importantly, it keeps your holiday alive and always nice to go back and have a read!

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Great start to your trip, shame about the immigration chap, thought they'd had lessons from Disney? Pussycat
Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
We are very well thank you, all getting very excited for our trip just around the corner.

I was thinking you also last week, my DD is going to Brooksby which is closer to you than it us to us!

Looking forward to more of your report xx
Small world, we got married at Brooksby! Hope she enjoys it, and the country air

Won't be long for you now! Eeeeeek!

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
All in all, seems like a near perfect, almost stress-free travel day (apart from the annoying people in front of you on plane). Can't wait to read more!
You are right, I really can't grumble about the travel day, it really did run smoothly... we were VERY lucky!

Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
Villa looks lovely! looking forward to reading the rest of your trippie
Thank you

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Yeah! There you are! I've been waiting for this, I thought you'd deserted us

You sound like me on travel day, checking for the passports and too nervy to even join in a conversation. We had a Bon Voyage on the way to the airport too, it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. I'd give absolutely anything to go back to that moment right now. Hard to think it was almost an entire year ago

Well done for enduring the flight

Lovely to see your adorable children again - such sweethearts.

Looking forward to more when you have a minute or two
Hellooooo

I knew you'd be tapping your watch

I'm here! Just don't hold your breath for day 1, but I promise it will be soon!

I can't believe yours was over a year ago . Have a re read of your trippie to cheer you up
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Originally Posted by Rollercolster View Post
A great start to your trip report - can't wait to hear more.

Glad i'm not the only one who panics over getting on the flight etc - I really do fret and am definately a glass half empty kinda person as I'm convinced I'll fall at the last hurdle and be sent packing ... literally !
Hi, we do sound alike! Youre right, it's that last hurdle that gets me... convinced they will think I'm a drug smuggler!

Originally Posted by bettycat View Post
Brilliant start! Travel day is soooo stressful with wee ones! Like you I worry about everything that can go wrong love the photo on Noah's travel bag, they have got so grown up since your last trip report Glad you arrived safe and to a lovely villa. Really looking forward to reading more
Hi Julie... I'm off to find you n Facebook later

Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Hooray! I've been so looking forward to you starting this Sophie!

Phew, I read Travel Day with a slight feeling of apprehension, as I loathe it almost as much as you do, but everything seemed to go well and without a hitch, just a shame about Virgin's shabby aircraft (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we might get a new one in a few weeks, but I'm not getting my hopes up! ).

Great to see Noah and Emmie jumping into the pool again, it's like you never left!

Hope you've all enjoyed a lovely summer break and that Emmie's first day at school went well. Is Noah now in Juniors?

Can't wait for Day 1!

Take care.

Kate xx
H Kate, how are you and your lovely family?

Wow, not long now for you! I must catch up with your pre trippie, I have had a bit of the Florida blues so not been Dibbing much!

I will snap out of it very soon!

Noah is now in juniors! And not too impressed but slowly getting there! Emmie has just stareted school and is looking mighty grown up, tomorrow is my first proper day off work with a childless home so I MAY get on with day 1!

He the girls have settled back into school

Sophie xx

Originally Posted by karengi View Post
Sounds like your holiday got off to a good start Lovely photos, great to see the kids jumping into the pool when they get there. Just what the doctor ordered after the long journey.
Hi karengi

Definetely what the dr ordered for the children, how they manage it I'll never know!

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
You made it

For anyone who has not been before you've described the travel day perfectly.

When people post saying should we go to this park or eat here the first night we should link to your post.
Awwww thanks dixonsontour

It's great to know I have captured the hell that is travel day... it really is the Potts isn't it? How anyone can muster up the engery to go out is beyond me!

Maybe they are child free
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List