Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 02, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyetta
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mickeyetta's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A Reminder of the Very BIG kids on this trip!!

Me (Helena or Mickeyetta which ever you like) 22, and a real Disney Freak!!
And
My boyfriend of 1 year (It was our 1st “Anniversary” on the day we flew out sheer coincidence) Simon 23, and not so much of a Disney Freak!!

Day 3 – November 13, 2001
Or “OOOOOH Look at that Castle!”

Again Tuesday dawned bright with sunny skies, these Floridians are damm lucky two days of sunshine on the trot…. What’s all that about then? We had planned to do the “Magic Kingdom Today”. We were up at about 8am and out of our “Shed” (See Day 2) by about 9.30… We don’t move that quickly in the morning especially when on holiday! After sussing the buses out last night at dinner time we knew exactly which bus to get up to the Pioneer Hall and then onto the marina to catch the boat. The boat journey lasted about 20mins, and goes to the MK via Wilderness Lodge. This is a very impressive hotel, especially from the view we got of the back of the hotel from the boat! Any how we arrived at the MK went through the “Security” Checks and on through the ticket barriers. It was at about this point, after walking under the train station, that I got my fist glimpse of Cinderella’s castle. Now I’ve seen Sleeping Beauty’s castle at DLP, which is very impressive in its own right, but I’d been waiting to see this since I was 13, and well I just couldn’t believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I immediately went into a frenzy like I was never going to see the castle ever again; taking pictures left right and centre…. Of which Simon was not too impressed! I think he was hungry (Typical Bloke), because the next words that came out of his mouth were “Can we have breakfast please”. Give him his due we had been up since 8 and it was now just gone 10. So off we went to the main st. bakery for breakfast. I had a Tea (Sorry “Hot Tea”…. It took me two weeks to get used to that, and a good job too ‘cause I can’t stand iced tea) and a Croissant, and Simon had a Coffee and a Chocolate muffin (Which looked very good). We sat in the “dead end” street, which runs off main st. to eat them, listening to the music playing and the other sound effects on main st. It was these that reminded me on why Disney theme parks are like no other, it’s the finishing touches that do it. I think Simon was duly impressed as well, seeing as he’s never been to a Disney park before.
After breakfast on into “Fantasy Land”. First Stop “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”. I know I’m a big kid but 1. I don’t like big rides, and 2. They don’t have this one at DLP! Was very impressed with the ride and I just wished my best friend Nicola could have seen it as she loves Winnie! We then went to “Snow White”; I warned Simon that the Wicked witch has a tendency of jumping out at you, but he just said that it was a ”Kids Ride”. Let’s just say he changed his mind after we finished, exclaiming that the small child in front of us had closed her eyes all the way round and was burying her head in her mother’s lap (Ah bless). Onward…. You can’t just stop can you? ... Next “Peter Pan’s Flight” a personal favourite of mine, just because of the sheer amount of detail in it. Any how the que was long so we got fast pass tickets for it. However no que at “It’s a small world” So on we went. I love this one, it’s just a Disney tradition isn’t it? Simon not so impressed though, he’s more into visual effects. Still time to kill before PPF so we wandered round liberty square.
Now I was hoping to do “Splash Mountain” but dearest Simon took one look at it and said NO. He doesn’t like heights and especially doesn’t like that “Falling” sensation. So I had a trade off with him. No Splash Mountain, as long as I don’t have to do the Alien Extra Terrorestrial thing (I really don’t like being taken by surprise and made to jump so was not looking forward to this one)! Deal made!
So on round Liberty Square killing some time in the little shops there. Now back to PPF, just as good as DLP, and even Simon was impressed with the detail in flying over London Scene…. Finally I’ve found something that he liked!!! It was at this point it started to RAIN!!!!!!!!! Wot, No , it can’t RAIN in Florida! But it did….. and it poured!! It rained so hard we had to stop and shelter under a tree, after all we were just wearing t-shirts and shorts, and we didn’t see the point in buying them poncho thingy’s. But at least it was still warm. When the rain eased up a little we made our way to pirates of the Caribbean. Another good ride and this time Simon was impressed again with the Animatronics…. Corrr I’m on a roll here.
By now its 1pm, so we stop at “Casey’s Corner” for some lunch. We had a Hot Dog Each, but shared a portion of fries and a large Coca-cola. Simon not so impressed this time, you see he though that the Pickled Cabbage stuff were onions, but he was wrong!!!! I just had Ketchup so I was safe!!!
After lunch we travel on into Tomorrowland. Next up “Buzz Light year’s space ranger spin”. We both came to the same conclusion on this one …… EXCELLENT!!!!! So good in fact we came out and went straight on it again!!! To calm down a bit now, we went on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Train thingy. Slow and tame I know, but it was the closest either of us was going to get to Space Mountain. We just wanted to see it that’s all. Nearly 2:30 by this stage, so we headed back to Main St. for the Parade. It was at this exact point the heaven’s opened again. Simon was getting very fidgety, so I said we could miss the parade if we could head back via ToonTown. So off we went round Mickey’s house and Minnie’s house. By this time it was really bucketing it down. So we went back to Main St on the Train (Another Disney Tradition).
We made our way back to FW via the Contemporary Resort to make a PS for dinner that evening. Any way back to the shed to dry off and get 40 Winks.
Dinner at the Contemporary, Concourse steakhouse was Brilliant. I had a New York Strip Steak with Mashed potatoes, and Simon had a Pork Chop that was nearly the size of a whole Pig! The Food and service were both excellent, and I’d highly recommend this to any one who want’s a good steak meal, even if it is a tad on the pricey side. Time for bed now so back to the shed with sore feet but full bellies, a good night’s sleep.
Tomorrow’s Plan ……EPCOT .
Disneyland Paris Lots
Mickeyetta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 02, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

Great day. I love the Winnie the Pooh ride and Peter Pan's flight. Don't think I could have missed out my beloved Splash though .
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 02, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
what a lot you got done Helena!! . That first view of the castle is pure magic isnt it? .
Old 12 Apr 02, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent Helena !

Can't wait for the next one

/J

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 02, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Oh no - not rain after you were so chuffed with the sun! .

You still got loads done though!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 02, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post

What a magical day  .
shame about the rain
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 02, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

I LOVED your descriptions of your first day in MK!

Oh yes...when it rains it falls down by the BUCKETLOAD doesn't it!

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL