Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Apr 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah this is one trip report I've been waiting for! I was soooo pleased to discover it this morning and I've stayed in bed a bit longer to have a good read!

Fab travel day except for plane woman, can't wait to read the rest
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Love reading g your trippies. Sounds like you had a good travel Day apart from the lady with the baby. Some people just don't get it do they?

I have to say, I'm now thinking of Florida next February. I hadn't thought of going for such a short time but if you can do it, so can we!

Looking forward to reading more.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Can't wait to read the rest! I love your trip reports!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great travel day except for the grumpy mum causing havoc!

Your hotel room looks lovely and your bows are so pretty

Looking forward to more! xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Was so excited to see this TR pop up - can't wait to read all about your time at Universal!
Sounds like a pretty great travel day - it must be really disorientating visiting in the winter and seeing the sun go down so early, I've only ever gone in Summer too so I know it would mess with my head haha!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vicannp
Gone all Goofy

Talking

Fab report so far. Really looking forward to more. We are going Feb half term next year and are interested on how Presidents day goes as didn't realise when we booked

vicannp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Fabulous! Looking forward to more x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
Love those bows, can I ask where did you get your HP luggage tag - I must have one.

Tracy
Than you, I was really pleased with the bows! The luggage tag was from Hot Topic in America, I do love it!
Thanks for reading
Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
Loved reading this ! Can't wait for the next day xx
Thank you! The next day is already written so I just need to go back and edit it and then sort through the pictures so I'll aim to upload it next weekend! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by dreamingdisney View Post
I have been keeping an eye out for the start of your report! Sounds like you had a nice calm travel day and I'm looking forward to reading more
Aww thank you, sorry for the delay in starting it! It really was a very relaxed travel day thankfully, always nice when that happens! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by thebig40 View Post
Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! Should have the next day up next weekend I hope! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
Sounds like the perfect travel day! Looking forward to reading more
Thank you! It certainly was which was a relief! A delay would have been a nightmare on such a short trip! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Been looking forward to this trippy! I like it when people have a HP obsession that is on the same level as me *virtual high 5*

Good flight, except the lady who wanted the sky cot. Rude. You ain't the queen love. I get that's what she wanted but if she was told it wasn't guaranteed and other people need it more you just get over it don't you!

Tanya was lovely giving you the little goodie bags, such a small world she's a dibber too!
Love the hard rock! Can't wait to stay again in October. Never knew about those ice creams though, will definitely have to check those out.

Love the bows, super cute!
Can't wait to read more x
Aww thank you! *Virtual high 5 back*. I was properly Harry Potter geeking out the whole time we were there again hehe.

I know it was really frustrating, it was the way she kept going on at the cabin crew that got to me. It wasn't their fault and there was nothing they could do about it! Their levels of patience were incredible!

She was so nice! Dibbers are the best hehe. We seem to have had loads of 'isn't it a small world' moments recently!

Eek its such an amazing hotel isn't it! I think we might even prefer it to RPR now! Have an amazing stay! The ice creams were amazing, we were sad we didn't have time to go back for another! Definitely worth trying! They have an Instagram page with all sorts of yummy ice cream pictures!

I was really pleased with the hair bows! It only cost around £12 for all 3 which I thought was quite reasonable as they're such good quality

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by nanasamboy View Post
Yaaaaaaay! Another Aimee and Lauren trippie! Was so excited to come home from a ridiculously long day, to read this Excited to see what you all get up to!
Aww thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully it wasn't too long a read after your long day! I do tend to go on a bit hehe. Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I am so looking forward to reading your report! Those ice-creams look amazing 😊
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! They really were so good, we wished we’d had time to go back for more later in the trip but we had so many other snacks we wanted to try we didn’t manage to! Thanks for reading
Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
Great start, can't wait to read more. thanks for sharing & thanks for giving the heads up via Instagram
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it! Hoping to have the next day up next weekend! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Wow another trip report, yay can't wait to read all about your Universal adventures!
Thank you, we had so much fun at Universal! I never thought I’d love it as much as Disney but I really do! Thanks for reading
Originally Posted by Buffton View Post
Ah amazing to have another trip report from you!
Thanks so much for writing. Great travel day! Looking forward to reading more
xx
Aww thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it! Hoping to have the next day up next weekend! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Great travel day. Looking forward to the rest.

I too loved your luggage tag and bows.
Thank you! Next day should be up next weekend I hope! Thank you, they’re cute aren’t they! The bows were much better quality than I was expecting! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by rscxox View Post
Yay another trippie to read! That ice cream looks amazing I may have to add a trip to Emack and Bolio's to our trip looking forward to reading more xx
Aww thank you! It was so good! Definitely worth a visit to Emack and Bolio’s, it’s tiny in there with really minimal seating but so worth it for the ice cream and amazing cones! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Great travel day, I'm excited to read about your trip. Love the HP hair bows
Thank you, hoping it won’t take me too long to finish this one as it was such a short trip! The bows are cute aren’t they! I was really pleased with them especially after losing the Hot Topic ones! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Nothing better than a smooth trouble-free travel day. Excited to read more xx
Absolutely, it was such a relief! We did worry about a big delay impacting on such a short trip so we were so happy it all went to plan! Hoping to have the next day ready for next weekend! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Fab start! A bit celebrity with cabin crew reading your trippies, awesome!
Thank you! Hehe it was definitely another case of it being a small world! We said, what are the chances that we’d have been in her section of the plane! Normally we’d have tried for seats in the bubble so would have missed out on chatting Disney which would have been a shame! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by hollysmum View Post
Yay! I love your reports!
Ahh thank you, I’m glad you enjoy them! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Short legs View Post
Really love your reports! Can't wait to read more and see lots of food and shopping pics! Staying at HRH for 1 night in August, can't wait
Aww thank you! Hehe you know me well, there will be plenty of food pics and a fair few shopping ones too! Ooh have a fab time, you’ll absolutely love it! It has such a great atmosphere and the proximity to the parks (Universal in particular) is just amazing! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Yayyyy perfect Sunday morning reading - does this mean you have all the other days ready to go too? Ah putting me to shame I'm only on day 5

Sounds like a brilliant travel day. I always hold my breath as we walk/run into the immigration hall waiting to see what awaits us haha.

Hard Rock looks beautiful. What a pain having to move rooms though!

Those bows are so pretty too - the material looks lovely

Very excited to read along xx
Thanks Michelle! Hehe not quite but I am a couple of days ahead of myself which on such a short trip means I’m almost halfway there! I can’t wait to start reading yours, I’m a little behind but it’s on my to read list!

I do exactly the same! Always find myself saying over and over in my head ‘please be quiet, please be quiet’! It’s such an unknown isn’t it, something you can never plan for! I bet it was nice getting off the plane first in upper!

It really was an amazing hotel but yes definitely a pain having to move rooms on our first full day! It was better than the alternative though which will all become clear when I post Day 2 hehe.

I was so pleased with the bows. They were really good quality which was better than I was expecting for £12 for the lot!

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Ah this is one trip report I've been waiting for! I was soooo pleased to discover it this morning and I've stayed in bed a bit longer to have a good read!
Fab travel day except for plane woman, can't wait to read the rest
Aww thank you! I hope you enjoyed it and had a nice rest in bed to read along! Hoping to have the next day up next weekend! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Love reading g your trippies. Sounds like you had a good travel Day apart from the lady with the baby. Some people just don't get it do they?

I have to say, I'm now thinking of Florida next February. I hadn't thought of going for such a short time but if you can do it, so can we!

Looking forward to reading more.
Aww thank you! It was a really nice travel day which was a relief on such a short trip! Absolutely, it was the way she kept on at the cabin crew that got to me. There was nothing they could do and it wasn’t their fault to begin with. I was so impressed with how calm and patient they remained when faced with a situation like that just before take-off!

Honestly it was so worth it and I’d do it again in a heartbeat! If you go in knowing that you won’t manage to do everything that Florida has to offer then it’s so doable! I wouldn’t do less than 7 days at Disney but 5 days was more than enough at Universal, we spent so much time in the parks with there only being 2 of them and even managed some pool time and a shopping day at Premium Outlets! We loved the weather in Feb too! Warm but not scorching or humid although I do think it can be a little unpredictable and we often needed jumpers at night or first thing but we really didn’t mind that as it was lovely and sunny during the day!

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by missdopey View Post
Can't wait to read the rest! I love your trip reports!
Aww thank you! I hope you enjoy this one too! Hoping to have the next day ready for next weekend! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Great travel day except for the grumpy mum causing havoc!

Your hotel room looks lovely and your bows are so pretty

Looking forward to more! xx
Thanks Rachael! It was a relief to have a stress free travel day on such a short trip!

We loved the décor in the rooms! It was just a shame we had some issues with that room the next day but it was all sorted quickly thankfully!

I’ve been catching up on your trippy all week so I’m off to catch up on the last couple of days after replying to these! I’m loving it, you looked like an actual Disney princess on your wedding day!

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
Was so excited to see this TR pop up - can't wait to read all about your time at Universal!
Sounds like a pretty great travel day - it must be really disorientating visiting in the winter and seeing the sun go down so early, I've only ever gone in Summer too so I know it would mess with my head haha!
Thank you! Hopefully it won’t take me too long to finish as I’m a couple of days ahead in writing currently! That was exactly how we felt! It always made it feel later, which was probably a good thing as the parks closed so early in Feb! Mind you we did manage to see a lot more beautiful sunsets/sunrises than we do in August so that was a nice plus!

Thanks for reading

*Link to my Trip Reports*
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Originally Posted by vicannp View Post
Fab report so far. Really looking forward to more. We are going Feb half term next year and are interested on how Presidents day goes as didn't realise when we booked
Thank you! Hoping to have the next day up next weekend which coincidently is Presidents day! We didn't notice the crowds that much apart from at lunch time; even at 11:30am the lines were long in the Simpsons food court but other than that it didn't really feel much busier than any other day!

It may have been busier over at Disney and I'm sure the shops were busy with the sales but Universal didn't fair too badly! It definitely helped having the express passes for things like Minion Mayhem though! Hope this helps!

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Fabulous! Looking forward to more x
Thank you! Hoping to have the next day ready to upload next weekend! Thanks for reading

*Link to my Trip Reports*
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Been waiting for this one and loving it already. Glad your travel day went so well (moany mum withstanding!). I can imagine it's very strange going at such a different time of year! I'd live to try it, but that will need to wait till the kids are older . Can't wait for more x
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List