Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Sep 16, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

So pleased your doing another trip report. Near identical dates to us, we flew out on the 18th. Our first time doing a connection too, we flew Virgin and Delta via Atlanta and ours was a walk in the park compared to yours ...think it helped that our first flight took off at 9:15, so it was only about 8:30 by the time we got to our villa.

Think you deserve a medal after all of that... when you were standing waiting for that bag in the middle of the night you must've thought to yourself sod it why didn't we just fly direct?

Hope the rest is a bit more relaxing... look forward to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Great first day Jo, can't believe how grown up Adam looks now, we flew AA a couple of years ago and using them again next year. Hope they don't change the plane configuration on ours because we've got the 3 by the window

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yay, another Jamerica trippie
What a travel day, tough going Love the packing cubes, we just got ours during the week but only got 1 set of them,now I want 3 more sets in different colours
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
POOLIEJOOLIE
Apprentice Imagineer

POOLIEJOOLIE's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Where do you buy the packing cubes?
Jul 2019 - AKL, Sep 2019 - DLP 36K RunDisney
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K RunDisney [cancelled ]Jul 2024 - California road trip & DL
POOLIEJOOLIE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Glad you finally got there, although it was a long day. Look forward to reading more.
Old 12 Sep 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love your packing bags! Where did you buy them please?
Looking forward to reading more, a great start!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

What a mammoth day! My nerves would have been shredded! Looking forward to the rest
Old 12 Sep 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
LOL at the alarm clock! I am with you. I set mine for 5, but get up at 5.30! (real time! Hahaha)

Cake by the Ocean is one of our holiday songs this year! It reminds of me of Anna Maria Island! Sob!

Nice result with the seats in the end! I don’t get tomato juice either btw! So weird!

Oh god nothing worse than a kicker behind you! Why don’t these parents notice when their spawn are being brats?

Gosh that was a looooooong day Jo. I could feel the tiredness! Hope your Mum’s case turned up! Oh and I love the welcome pack, nice touch indeed!
xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Totally exhausting and long day! We connected at Philadelphia a couple of years ago and found the staff there to be unhelpful too! Looking forward to the next instalment
PS did you arrange the welcome pack or your villa owner? We are going to be arriving late as we fly into Miami and then are driving straight up to Kissimmee and to not have to stop at a supermarket would be great!

Edited at 10:14 AM.
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ooh good you've started.

Our holiday song, even though we don't have a holiday song but in my mind, is Maroon 5's 'Sugar'. It wasn't heard or played by us but as soon as we got back and I heard it on the radio it reminded me of Universal! Bizarre.

Whatever Simon's doing at the airport it looks like it needs intense scrutiny and concentration! And I thought he looked happy on the plane as the teenage girl had just sat down 😉.

I was ill on the Virgin plane going to Vegas, it may have been the rice. Apparently I turned yellow like a Simpson! But an early bed and I was fine the next day thank God! But I did get some of that land sickness whilst there, thankfully none of that in Florida! My friends have just come back after their first time and got caught up in the storms in a log cabin at Fort Wilderness lol. But they were fine.

I'm so glad our connecting flights went so smoothly despite both being delayed but that was a help rather than a hindrance in the end. I think I would have just spontaneously combusted if anything had gone missing. Your mum is obv a more chilled out traveller! Why does everything have to be made more complicated now? I'd rather see a person rather than deal with a non responsive machine and then have to see a human anyway. Ridiculous. Glad you got through it alright.

I see there are more Jo photos popping up, have you given in to the camera now?

Ttfn
Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List