Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Sep 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ally1966 View Post
So would you be completely happy for Alice to come on here and read everything that you have written about her? I know that you say that this is unlikely to happen but it could. I have twice been surprised to find out that people who I had contact with in the "real world" also knew me from the Dibb, despite being totally unaware that I knew any Dibbers! On one occasion this came to light because someone recognised my son from photos in a trip report. Although you have changed Alice's name, to anyone who does know her she would be instantly recognisable from your pictures. I think this is what people are referring to when they mention invasion of privacy.

It was an incredibly generous gesture to take Alice and Harry on your amazing holiday and I really do feel your frustrations about the way that she is behaving and taking advantage. However you obviously value your relationship with her and Harry highly so it would be a terrible shame if all this backfires and you end up jeopardising your relationship with them.

I'm sure that you feel that you are writing an unbiased account of the facts BUT reading this from Alice's perspective she might feel that she is being held up for ridicule by a group of strangers.
I'm afraid that particular conversation is between me and Alice . Alice is aware of our feelings and she is aware that I am writing about them.

This is a factual report about my holiday with people I genuinely care about. It does not and will not contain ridicule.

However if you identify specific wording that you feel is upsetting for those that feature in this report then I am happy to rework those sentences. I have already done so for another reader.

Thanks for reading and I hope that despite these issues you are still enjoying the report .

Edited at 08:35 AM.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ahhhh uiivebvhanged the names? So does that mean your not Sam & Damian? I'm disappointed with that now as I imagined you as them when reading the report 😥

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisaw1971 View Post
Ahhhh uiivebvhanged the names? So does that mean your not Sam & Damian? I'm disappointed with that now as I imagined you as them when reading the report 😥
Sorry to disappoint you .
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Funnily your OH doesn't look
Like a Damian or 'alice' an Alice 😂😂😂😂

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheDisneyCouple View Post
I'm afraid that particular conversation is between me and Alice . Alice is aware of our feelings and she is aware that I am writing about them.

This is a factual report about my holiday with people I genuinely care about. It does not and will not contain ridicule.

However if you identify specific wording that you feel is upsetting for those that feature in this report then I am happy to rework those sentences. I have already done so for another reader.

Thanks for reading and I hope that despite these issues you are still enjoying the report .
Yes, I am enjoying following your adventures and as I said before I was genuinely intrigued to know how things had turned out for you all having read the posts that you made during the holiday. So I will continue to do so with interest.

My main concern (for Alice) was whether she was aware of how you felt and whether she was OK with it being reported on here. If it's good with her then I guess that's between the 2 of you... although, if it was me, I'd still be having a sneaky peak at exactly what you were writing (but maybe that's just me!)
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ally1966 View Post
Yes, I am enjoying following your adventures and as I said before I was genuinely intrigued to know how things had turned out for you all having read the posts that you made during the holiday. So I will continue to do so with interest.

My main concern (for Alice) was whether she was aware of how you felt and whether she was OK with it being reported on here. If it's good with her then I guess that's between the 2 of you... although, if it was me, I'd still be having a sneaky peak at exactly what you were writing (but maybe that's just me!)
I'm glad you're enjoying it and I completely understand your concerns . Changes have been made to the report based on some of the concerns raised so it's good to have the mixed feedback.

Alice hates computers. She can't use them and doesn't own one. Although I did offer to print out the report for her when it's finished. I'm thinking of putting together an annotated picture book for them for Christmas anyway.
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisaw1971 View Post
Funnily your OH doesn't look
Like a Damian or 'alice' an Alice 😂😂😂😂
Everyone picked their own pseudonyms. I can't be held responsible for that .

Edited at 09:20 AM.
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

I'm really enjoying reading your report

Would you mind clarifying what relationship Alice is to you? I'm finding it a bit confusing as when you said SIL I assumed it was Damian's sister, however the more I read the more it sounds like she's actually a relative on your side as you referred to your parents as Harry's grandparents - so Harry is maybe your brothers son and Alice is his mum? Apologies for being nosy but it's been bugging me
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

I asked earlier on. It's her brother's ex wife. X
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I applaud you for taking the time to write an honest and true trip report, if Alice is aware of your feelings and the fact that you are writing the report I don't see the harm. I am really enjoying reading this report and look forward to each instalment. If Alice did ever read it, it could possibly open her eyes to her behaviour, as I have said previously, your husband and yourself deserve an award for your generosity.