Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 May 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
clintaughjl
I have Ears

Dec use year advice

Can’t get through to Disney and uncertain where I stand re cancellation etc.
I have a December use year and made reservations for August 2020 at Bay Lake and the Boardwalk. Points use were some saved from last year; all this year’s, and some borrowed from next year. If I cancel I assume I lose points from last year, but does anyone know if DVC will allow current year to. be banked for 2021 and borrowed points reinstated to 2021?
clintaughjl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clintaughjl View Post
Can’t get through to Disney and uncertain where I stand re cancellation etc.
I have a December use year and made reservations for August 2020 at Bay Lake and the Boardwalk. Points use were some saved from last year; all this year’s, and some borrowed from next year. If I cancel I assume I lose points from last year, but does anyone know if DVC will allow current year to. be banked for 2021 and borrowed points reinstated to 2021?
I have Dec use year.

If you cancel your 2020 points can be banked - need to do so by July 31st.

Your 2021 points should be returned to 2021 - this might take a couple of days to take effect.

You will lose the 2019 points, but you could use them to make another booking up to Nov 30th and rent that booking out, either on here or via David's.

If you are going to cancel I'd do it sooner rather than later, that way you'll know where the points are being reallocated way before your banking deadline.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They could also reverse policies regarding sending points back and late banking etc any time so I’d ring them up to do it. That August Boardwalk booking may rent out for good money to the domestic US market given new hotel bookings are impossible.
Old 30 May 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I’ve got a Dec UY and an August booking at Aulani. I’m just hoping Aulani announce closure before 31st July so that I can bank my points and I think I’m going to put my 2018 points in RCI, as whilst I’ve seen mentioned here a few times about booking accommodation and then renting it out to US guests, I really don’t know how to go about that?

I don’t want to make a reservation and then lose the chance to transfer to RCI if the reservation doesn’t sell (although not sure we want the RCI points either - so wondering if those could be rented out).

Such a frustrating situation to be in.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List