Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 May 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Aulani reservation for August ?

Hi all,

So I have a Dec UY, and currently have an August booking for Aulani. At this point there is no sign that the borders will be open for us to travel, no sign that Hawaii will be restarting flights frim the mainland, and no sign that Hawaii are ceasing the 14 day quarantine rules. So I’m thinking there is a good chance my trip will be cancelled.

I do have a December vacation to WDW booked, but as the extension to banked points only extends to 30th November 2020, I’m guessing I’m out of luck in using my banked points that expire on 30th November towards my December trip?

My only hope is that DVC come up with an alternative policy for those with cancelled Aulani bookings? I understand all of yesterday’s news was geared to the reopening dates of WDW, but as Aulani might well remain closed, do you think any allowances might be made for those of us with August Aulani trips booked if they are subsequently cancelled?

I’m grasping at straws here I think - but at the moment I’m just gutted at the thought of losing 150 points that I’d banked for our special Hawaii trip 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Sorry to hear this. I'm afraid I cannot provide any help but wanted to follow along.

We have rented points for Aulani through an agent (non-refundable) and I'm stressing about losing all my money, especially if we are "allowed" to travel but would have to quarantine on return (or even arrival!) which we couldn't do - I would worry then we Aldo wouldn't claim on our insurance.

Good luck x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hi all,

So I have a Dec UY, and currently have an August booking for Aulani. At this point there is no sign that the borders will be open for us to travel, no sign that Hawaii will be restarting flights frim the mainland, and no sign that Hawaii are ceasing the 14 day quarantine rules. So I’m thinking there is a good chance my trip will be cancelled.

I do have a December vacation to WDW booked, but as the extension to banked points only extends to 30th November 2020, I’m guessing I’m out of luck in using my banked points that expire on 30th November towards my December trip?

My only hope is that DVC come up with an alternative policy for those with cancelled Aulani bookings? I understand all of yesterday’s news was geared to the reopening dates of WDW, but as Aulani might well remain closed, do you think any allowances might be made for those of us with August Aulani trips booked if they are subsequently cancelled?

I’m grasping at straws here I think - but at the moment I’m just gutted at the thought of losing 150 points that I’d banked for our special Hawaii trip 😢
Could you cancel Aulani trip, use those points for WDW and then bank the points you’re using for the dec trip, or are they banked points too?

You’d have until July to make that decision

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
Could you cancel Aulani trip, use those points for WDW and then bank the points you’re using for the dec trip, or are they banked points too?

You’d have until July to make that decision
I think they’d let me do that with my current points which I could bank into Dec 2020 UY and hopefully they’d let me free up some of my borrowed Dec 2021 points from my Christmas reservation - which would help me going forward (that’s if they are kind!) - it’s just these Dec 2018 points that have to be used by end of Nov 2020 - if they would just let me have another month to use them, then I could add them to my December booking. I doubt it though 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Sorry to hear this. I'm afraid I cannot provide any help but wanted to follow along.

We have rented points for Aulani through an agent (non-refundable) and I'm stressing about losing all my money, especially if we are "allowed" to travel but would have to quarantine on return (or even arrival!) which we couldn't do - I would worry then we Aldo wouldn't claim on our insurance.

Good luck x
It’s so sad isn’t it 😢 what date are you due to fly?

We are flying to Seattle on 31st July, and then on to Hawaii on 1st August. At first I thought it was good that we are flying in July, as hopefully we will get the cancellation notice earlier with the rest of the July dates, but now I’m thinking it could well be stressful as all of my other flights and bookings are in August, so I could be left with no way of getting to Seattle, but still being expected to take the Seattle-Honolulu flight if things start opening up in August!

Although I’m still hopeful that Hawaii will be closed for at least August (never thought I’d hear myself saying that sentence! ), as hopefully that will make refunds easier.

I understand why they are holding off as long as possible, but it’s a stressful waiting game. 😢

Good luck to you too 👍
Old 28 May 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

So just looked at my points situation and due to losing my 150 banked 2018 points, and the new 50% borrowing rule, I now won’t have enough points to rebook Aulani for next summer😢

So definitely hoping for refunds on my flights now, as vouchers for next year won’t help me at all - sad times 😢

Edited at 01:05 PM.
Old 28 May 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

So just looked at my points situation and due to losing my 150 banked 2018 points, and the new 50% borrowing rule, I now won’t have enough points to rebook Aulani for next summer😢

So definitely hoping for refunds on my flights now, as vouchers for next year won’t help me at all - sad times 😢
Hi
Sorry you can’t sort this . I’m not sure if things still will be closed and I have $1300 at risk so like you stand to loose a lot! My fear is if they open the hotel (which they might) it’s technically open to use so I don’t think David’s would give me a voucher. It’s just the waiting game
Old 28 May 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Hi
Sorry you can’t sort this . I’m not sure if things still will be closed and I have $1300 at risk so like you stand to loose a lot! My fear is if they open the hotel (which they might) it’s technically open to use so I don’t think David’s would give me a voucher. It’s just the waiting game
I know it’s horrible waiting isn’t it 😢

I’ve basically spent the day today finally looking at it all - up until now I’ve buried my head in the sand and just hoped it would all work out ok.

I’ve now spoken to DH, and whilst we will need to make compromises on our room at Aulani (go down to a studio from a one bed and for less nights), he’d sooner make it happen than not go at all next year. 👍

In my head I was looking forward to a kitchen in Aulani, as I know there aren’t that many places to eat out nearby - but they’ve opened a Cheesecake Factory a fifteen minute drive from the hotel now, and as that’s our fav restaurant, DH says he’d happily drive there every night to eat! Haha! So whilst the self catering holiday id pictured can’t happen, I think we can still make this into a dream trip. Provided Hawaii is open for visitors next summer of course! 😢

I’ve already worked out that we can’t postpone to 2022, as we can’t fit in such a long trip during the holidays, (I have one son hoping to go away with the school at the beginning of the summer holidays, & my other son who need to be home from mid-August for his Alevel results) - so I think it’s a ‘Diluted’ Aulani family trip next year or not at all for the foreseeable. I guess in the scheme of those that have lost all sorts in this crisis, this is a minor thing and I’m very grateful for that.

I do hope you manage to find a resolution that you are happy with too xx
Old 28 May 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I know it’s horrible waiting isn’t it 😢

I’ve basically spent the day today finally looking at it all - up until now I’ve buried my head in the sand and just hoped it would all work out ok.

I’ve now spoken to DH, and whilst we will need to make compromises on our room at Aulani (go down to a studio from a one bed and for less nights), he’d sooner make it happen than not go at all next year. 👍

In my head I was looking forward to a kitchen in Aulani, as I know there aren’t that many places to eat out nearby - but they’ve opened a Cheesecake Factory a fifteen minute drive from the hotel now, and as that’s our fav restaurant, DH says he’d happily drive there every night to eat! Haha! So whilst the self catering holiday id pictured can’t happen, I think we can still make this into a dream trip. Provided Hawaii is open for visitors next summer of course! 😢

I’ve already worked out that we can’t postpone to 2022, as we can’t fit in such a long trip during the holidays, (I have one son hoping to go away with the school at the beginning of the summer holidays, & my other son who need to be home from mid-August for his Alevel results) - so I think it’s a ‘Diluted’ Aulani family trip next year or not at all for the foreseeable. I guess in the scheme of those that have lost all sorts in this crisis, this is a minor thing and I’m very grateful for that.

I do hope you manage to find a resolution that you are happy with too xx
Do you think nxt year is questionable? Surely it will be open? I’m burying my head too... Aulani might open but if they have borders closed won’t DVC carry your points over and hopefully David will give me a voucher(I asked him to contact the owner to see what UY but got a response saying they are dealing with queries on a month to month basis). But if Aulani is open then I could have lost my money . It would have been far easier with a dibber but not many have Aulani as home resort.
I’m in the same boat as you with children and results and trying to get it all to fit is a nightmare!
Have you sorted your flights
Old 28 May 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Do you think nxt year is questionable? Surely it will be open? I’m burying my head too... Aulani might open but if they have borders closed won’t DVC carry your points over and hopefully David will give me a voucher(I asked him to contact the owner to see what UY but got a response saying they are dealing with queries on a month to month basis). But if Aulani is open then I could have lost my money . It would have been far easier with a dibber but not many have Aulani as home resort.
I’m in the same boat as you with children and results and trying to get it all to fit is a nightmare!
Have you sorted your flights
Only questionable in regards to a second wave - on a Hawaii section on ‘the other board’ there is talk of how Hawaiians aren’t in any hurry to bring tourists back and if a second wave hits they would close the borders again - although I guess it’s much the same talk as on here really (some saying things will be back to normal this year, and others not rebooking until at least 2022!).

I do so hope David’s can sort the booking for you - I guess it’s hard, as some Renters may only be renting out their points as they were about to expire, so possibly don’t have the flexibility to rebook - but hopefully if they can help you, then I’d like to think they would.

As I’ve paid all my flights in full, I have no option to sit tight and hope they are cancelled to get refunds - same with my non-refundable hotels that I paid in full (will only be booking refundable rooms in future!). Have over £8000 that I’m hoping to get back. 😢