Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve stayed in many places and had the odd one, Bahama bay we had a couple of dead ones, Regal Palms we had a few live ones , the villas have had one or two usually dead or dying. I can’t stand them! All the places we stayed have been very clean, in HS when there was a rain storm thousands of them scuttled out, I don’t think you can avoid the odd one in Florida. I hate them but it wouldn’t stop me going.
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

It’s a sub tropical climate, you will get a few regardless of how good the pest control is. If they are dead the pest control is working, if alive and active just call and get the owners to get pest control.
In general you will struggle to find accommodation that has an insect free guarantee.

We have had those in the past, also ants, geckos and a couple snakes. We also had Armadillos digging under the drive of our rented villa! Called the management company and an animal control guy, took them away to release in the country.

A few villas up from us had a seven foot gator in the pool one morning. The same guy fished it out by jumping in and grabbing by the tail .
Then he wrapped the mouth with duct tape before loading into his pickup for relocation.
It drew quite a crowd round the pool lanai watching the drama!

So a few cockroaches isn’t really a big deal in FL, there’s bigger things lurking
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Ha ha thank you everyone for your replies. I haven’t cancelled it yet but I do feel a bit better with your responses. The thing is I wouldn’t have even know if I had just kept to reading my apartment reviews
Just another q what if they got in clothes and I brought them back? C they are really creepy and making my mind go haywire
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

If anyone is bothered by the chance of a few bugs, I would rethink my holiday destination. At least the houses here in Florida have screens to keep flies and mosquitoes out. We had a much bigger problem with them in the UK plus giant spiders that liked to run across the floor.
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

How about contacting the owner of the apartment you want to rent and just asking if they have regular pest control visits. That might be reassuring for you? Just a thought
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky's Mum View Post
How about contacting the owner of the apartment you want to rent and just asking if they have regular pest control visits. That might be reassuring for you? Just a thought
This could be a plan, it just sounds cheeky