Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Skincare for 11 year old.

My dd is at the age where she is going through some major changes to her body, as a result, her skin has become incredibly spotty.

We have tried quite a range of skincare, from clean and clear to some pricey ones like Clinique. Nothing seems to be working or even helping at all.

Having just started secondary school, she is starting to feel a bit insecure about her skin. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

If nothing seems to be working I would say a trip to the doctors as they can prescribe creams that you can’t buy in the chemist, hope you find something that helps
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have you used a Witch stick on her spots? I swear by it and it works on my granddaughter who is a similar age.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Have you used a Witch stick on her spots? I swear by it and it works on my granddaughter who is a similar age.
I just picked one of these up in my local boots. Thank you for your recommendation
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Could've wrote exactly the same myself about my youngest, she's 11, hormones raging and just started secondary so for first time ever is more conscious, she has a very spotty forehead and the odd little spot around nose area but her forehead is annoying her, we've been using a medicated face wipe morning and night and every other day a scrub for spot prone skin and its really made a difference. I've been buying her freederm but boots also do a good tea tree and witch hazel medicated wipe. She's not spot free but her skin looks so much better already
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I would recommend using really gentle products that dont strip the skin of natural oils, as what happens is the body starts to produce more to compensate and just makes it worse. We used Decleor prolagene gel on my sons acne, it was developed for burns victims, and is healing, calming and stops scarring.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

There is a Boots own Tea Tree one that works really well, it’s often buy one get one half price and it lasts for ages. It’s in a pump bottle and it’s a liquid that turns into foam.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
What is her diet like? Too many processed foods, too much omega 6 and not enough omega 3 oils in her diet will cause this as well as hormones.
Omega 3 causes the oils in your skin to be more liquid so they don't clog up so easily but it's the ratio of 3 to 6 that matters not the total amount - this is why many people think fish oils don't work, because they are still eating masses of omega 6 in processed oils ( including those used to make cakes etc)
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
What is her diet like? Too many processed foods, too much omega 6 and not enough omega 3 oils in her diet will cause this as well as hormones.
Omega 3 causes the oils in your skin to be more liquid so they don't clog up so easily but it's the ratio of 3 to 6 that matters not the total amount - this is why many people think fish oils don't work, because they are still eating masses of omega 6 in processed oils ( including those used to make cakes etc)
Her diet is not great to be honest. Eats very little fruit and veg. When she was younger she ate it all but as she got older not so much. She isn’t a junk food eater, not a fan of sweets or chocolate but loves crisps and savoury snacks. I will persuade her to eat more fruit and veg, drink lots more water and maybe look into vitamins and see what’s best for her. Thanks for your reply
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
There is a Boots own Tea Tree one that works really well, it’s often buy one get one half price and it lasts for ages. It’s in a pump bottle and it’s a liquid that turns into foam.
Thank you for your recommendation. I popped into boots this morning and picked some up. It was a buy one get one half price offer. Thank you, hopefully this will help