Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Dec 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

I was just a youth. My dad took me shooting up beside a reservoir in Northumberland, not that far away (as the crow flies). When we arrived we knew something was wrong, there was large pieces of ‘stuff’ sat on top of the trees (which we eventually found out to be aircraft insulation) as well as rubbish lying all over, the place was covered... mostly clothing.

One of the guys who were out went down to the local call box and phoned 999, we didn’t know, no smart phones then... The police answered and said just try and remember everything we seen but collect anything significant.

I found a passport.

I could go on, but I’ll never forget that day as long as I live.
Halowa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Remember it well, was in y10 at school and we'd had a teacher exchange and she was flying home to Detorit that night, remember thinking oh no it can't be, but fortunately she was on a different flight which we later found out at school.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

My aunt and uncle and three cousins lived there then. It was a devastating event. The whole community was deeply affected by it and they don’t like to talk about the things they saw to this day it was very traumatising for all involved. The scale of events was phenomenal and for them to piece together everything that occurred is astounding. My thoughts are with everyone who lost loved ones and for all those involved in the investigations.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
My aunt and uncle and three cousins lived there then. It was a devastating event. The whole community was deeply affected by it and they don’t like to talk about the things they saw to this day it was very traumatising for all involved. The scale of events was phenomenal and for them to piece together everything that occurred is astounding. My thoughts are with everyone who lost loved ones and for all those involved in the investigations.
Thank you wifey for your reply it is very much appreciated and in respect to your family I will close this thread.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

I remember it well. I heard the news on the car radio when driving to a badminton match and was horrified. Could not comprehend just how dreadful it must have been not only for the family of innocents on the plane but the repercussions for the village community.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Closed at request of OP