Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

A big, big thanks from me and Isabel

I know from the many kind messages I get, lots of Dibbers remember what a truly awful summer my family had.

While Isabel was lying in Clatterbridge Cancer Centre, deteriorating almost daily, her friends from Camp America decided to organise a Three Peaks Challenge. It was a source of solace (& amazement) to see their original target of £500 met within the first few days and a new target of £10,000 set. I am so pleased to report that today, exactly a week before girls from all over the UK, 2 from America and another from Australia arrive to take on the challenge, that the total has been reached. I know that many, many Dibbers donated to this and Izzy and I would like to thank you all so very much for your kindness in helping us support charities which have supported us so very well.

Rest assured that £5,000 to each of our chosen charities will be much appreciated and well spent.

The Teenage Cancer Trust provide a nurse for every 16-23 year old diagnosed with cancer in the UK as well as special units within each oncology hospital that try to make stays easier - including social areas and importantly (fairly comfortable) pull down beds in each room - so I could stay every night during Izzy’s 6 weeks in hospital and she never once had to wake up alone.

Claire House Children’s hospice have also been a wonderful support to us. They have a 24 hour ‘Hospice at home’ service who I can ring at any time for advice on medication and pain management, but support Isabel in other lovely ways such as fortnightly reflexology, hydrotherapy to try to build her muscles back up and counsellors for Izzy, myself and DH to try to deal with the emotional aspects of her incurable diagnosis.

At a time when so much feels out of our control, you have helped us to achieve something so positive that will support Isabel and many other children and teenagers with cancer or other life limiting illnesses. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

For a long time, it seemed unrealistic to think Izzy would be well enough to have any part of the challenge. However, I’m so very pleased to report that her targeted therapy is continuing to have a very positive effect and she is regaining her mobility and, other than in her jaw, her pain is either gone or well managed. Because of this, we are travelling to Yorkshire next Monday evening to support the Camp America girls when they set off (& return safely!) next Tuesday - though I’m praying the iphone weather prediction for snow changes before then .

I’ll update with some photos next week. Once again thank you to everyone who’s made this challenge so successful for Izzy and some amazing charities. ❣️
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

That’s really good news and fantastic that you can go to Yorkshire.
Hope the weather is kind for you.
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

How amazing! Good luck to all involved.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Aww this has made me feel all warm and fuzzy! Good luck to the team, I hope the weather isn't too bad for them. I'm glad you and Isabel will be able to cheer them on
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

I am so glad that Izzy is doing so well, sending you, Izzy and all the girls my best wishes and hope that everything goes well next week.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Amazing loads of hugs to you and izzy xx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

That’s so heartwarming! Well done to all involved and the best of luck.
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great news, and best wishes to all taking part

Joan
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Good luck to them next week and I'm glad Izzy is doing well. X
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant news that two wonderful charities are benefiting from an awesome group of young people all the best to them for next week.

Best wishes to Izzy and all the family.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List