Notices

Old 19 Apr 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Best UK theme park? (SEN)

Looking to have a little overnight trip away to a theme park for DS10 on an inset day in June (so hopefully a bit quieter?!).

I’ve been to Alton towers before but only when he was a toddler. He loves rides but probably not the extreme coasters yet. Not really been to any other big theme parks in the U.K.

He’s also autistic so ideally a theme park where his struggles with queuing / noise etc can be accommodated? (If that’s a thing in this country?)

What would be your favourite theme park be?! Any recommendations?
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a great time at Chessington, small enough that it wasn’t overwhelming but plenty to do. We stayed in the hotel and the kids loved seeing the giraffes from the bar!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not sure where you are or how far you are travelling. My favourite would be Blackpool Pleasure Beach. There are plenty of big coasters but also plenty of the more family friendly rides. I would have thought it would be relatively quiet term time. I can’t see school trips going ahead again this year.

We also really liked Gullivers World in Warrington. My daughter does all the big adrenaline rides but still loves a day in Gullivers ! There is a hotel and a water park as well as the theme park.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

We’re Devon but will travel. That said, north of Alton Towers is probably a bit far.

We were thinking Chessington but it seems to have quite a few bad reviews...
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Not my favourite but Paultons park has been great for my boys. They have a queue assist policy where you can get a band that allows you to go through the back entrance of each ride once. They also used to hold the Rotary 'kids out' day once a year, so they do well with SEN children!
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

My daughter has cerebral palsy and we have done pretty much every theme park in England. Our favourite is Paulton's Park in Hampshire. They are so good with SEN children and for a 10 year old, the coasters are perfect - our 9 year old son loves them and they have the right balance of thrilling rather than petrifying! There is also a lovely lakeside walk and animals to see which are usually quieter areas to wander around.

The Premier Inn in Ringwood is 20 mins away and is a great hotel with a Lidl next door for snacks!
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Another vote for Paulton's Park here. Perfect for the age with the added benefit of a new area that has opened this year with new rides etc which look fab.

Edited at 08:30 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

If you are going on a school day Alton Towers is usually quiet so the Ride Access Pass lanes are pretty quick. We have also done Chessington which was also manageable but I did struggle to find some of the queue lines for the RAP. Legoland have a great bot electronic system which is probably the best. For all the Merlin parks you can pre register for a RAP pass online which is then valid for all Merlin parks for 2 years x
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
If you are going on a school day Alton Towers is usually quiet so the Ride Access Pass lanes are pretty quick. We have also done Chessington which was also manageable but I did struggle to find some of the queue lines for the RAP. Legoland have a great bot electronic system which is probably the best. For all the Merlin parks you can pre register for a RAP pass online which is then valid for all Merlin parks for 2 years x
It seems to suggest on the website that you need a consultant letter saying you can queue at theme parks or similar - is that how you get an RAP?
Easter 2023 in planning
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by DLPFan View Post
Another vote for Paulton's Park here. Perfect for the age with the added benefit of a new area that has opened this year with new rides etc which look fab.
Thank you. Couple of votes for paultons park. I didn’t know much about it but looks good. Definitely a possible!
Easter 2023 in planning