Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Apr 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ste View Post
I had my sleep study Feb 20.. and was told I’d hear in 3 weeks if anything bad and then you know what struck 🙈 got an appointment for December and walked into be greeted with my Cpap.

I’ve gone from napping most of the day everyday to now feeling amazing. Changed my life. Hope you get your answers soon I’ve not travelled with mine yet but already planning taking it camping with me this summer lol!
Uh oh.. this sounds scarily familiar! Lol that’s what they said to me too... if you don’t hear from us within 4 weeks it’s normal and nothing to worry about.

Now a week later I have an appointment for the consultant on 19th April. Maybe they just want to talk 😂

Seriously, I’m glad it’s helped you feel better. I feel exhausted constantly and nap so much during the day. I have other health problems so they were wanting to rule this out as a cause. Guess I’ll know either way soon
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
No problem using a US plug, doesn’t affect the machine’s performance

It’s amazing how quickly you realise what it’s like to not feel tired once you get used to using a cpap 😊
That’s great to hear it is a good help. If I have it and it resolves my tiredness I’ll be so pleased
Old 8 Apr 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
What are the symptoms of sleep apnea?asking for my girlfriend 😂😩😩😩no seriously she snores alot plus sometimes it sounds like she’s struggling to breath
Yeah that sounds familiar. My DH used to panic all the time saying I would stop breathing for seconds at a time in my sleep and my snoring was proper loud

I would fall asleep at random times in the day. A couple of times at work which was pretty embarrassing 😳. But the worst part was the aches. I almost got diagnosed with fibromyalgia because my whole body hurt.
Once I did my sleep test they realised I was waking up over 40 times an hour trying to breathe which meant I never actually got any sleep and my muscles never got a chance to recover and replenish. I feel like a completely different person now 😊

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Is the CPAP machine loud? Does it affect your partner? My DH snores really loudly and does sometimes stop breathing - he wont listen to me or accept he does this, but I will keep working on him. Obviously the snoring affects me sleeping, but wondered it the sound of the CPAP would?
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Uh oh.. this sounds scarily familiar! Lol that’s what they said to me too... if you don’t hear from us within 4 weeks it’s normal and nothing to worry about.

Now a week later I have an appointment for the consultant on 19th April. Maybe they just want to talk 😂

Seriously, I’m glad it’s helped you feel better. I feel exhausted constantly and nap so much during the day. I have other health problems so they were wanting to rule this out as a cause. Guess I’ll know either way soon
I walked in the room and was a bit gobsmacked 🙈 the doctor was very apologetic for the wait but it’s one of them things. My sleep study found 55 episodes per hour on average with the longest time stopping breathing for 87 seconds - scary as hell ha!

I went for my first check up last month and I’m 100% compliant with my machine so treatment is going well! 🤩 there is a few good sleep apnea groups on Facebook. I think I’m in the minority for taking to it so well, but don’t give up if you get one. Honestly it’s worth it , I couldn’t sleep without it now.

And my hubby says I do not snore at all anymore haha
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ste View Post
I walked in the room and was a bit gobsmacked 🙈 the doctor was very apologetic for the wait but it’s one of them things. My sleep study found 55 episodes per hour on average with the longest time stopping breathing for 87 seconds - scary as hell ha!

I went for my first check up last month and I’m 100% compliant with my machine so treatment is going well! 🤩 there is a few good sleep apnea groups on Facebook. I think I’m in the minority for taking to it so well, but don’t give up if you get one. Honestly it’s worth it , I couldn’t sleep without it now.

And my hubby says I do not snore at all anymore haha
Thanks so much for sharing. I’m a little be nervous of the consultant appointment, not knowing what they’re going to say etc.

You’ve really helped to put me at ease. I’ve no problem in using one if they want me too, I was just surprised to be called back as I thought it was going to come back normal. I pretty sure they said they don’t forward you to see the consultant if it’s normal but I guess it still could be or even they might want to repeat the test.

Waiting is the worst
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Is the CPAP machine loud? Does it affect your partner? My DH snores really loudly and does sometimes stop breathing - he wont listen to me or accept he does this, but I will keep working on him. Obviously the snoring affects me sleeping, but wondered it the sound of the CPAP would?
I’m bumping this post as I am interested in the answer.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Anyone have this?

I had a sleep study and they said if I didn’t hear back that meant I was fine and the result was normal. Today I got a letter saying I need to see the consultant. I’m not sure if I have this yet but I know if I do they may suggest a CPAP machine.

I know I’ll need to inform the insurance. But what about flying and travelling? Any issues? Also, anyone know what to expect with security for the airport etc?

Bit worried about waiting for what the consultant will say.
Sorry to hear this, but as you can see, there are many helpful people on here to advise. I can add nothing.

I hope it will all be fine. You are in our prayers.

Take care

Disney332
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

My sons is quiet, the only noise you can hear is the sound of him breathing.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cricket19
Getting Excited

Sometimes there is a small background noise- probably similar to white noise. Took me a couple of days to get used to it but doesn't bother me at all now. And there is no comparison to the noise from snoring.

Apart from the health benefits for your husband which are obviously the most important factor, you will probably also benefit as it made me realise how much my sleep had also been disturbed and I sleep much better now.
Cricket19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List