Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whilst I agree with the caution and there the need for the testing / I do find it unfair that others ‘may’ not have to pay for tests if they have had both vaccinations and whilst I still haven’t had my first (and others in my family haven’t) then we will likely still have to pay.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I haven’t seen an exemption for vaccinated people mentioned.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Very possibly,theres 7 of us,and could end up being very expensive!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I haven’t seen an exemption for vaccinated people mentioned.
I haven’t officially either but seems logical as time goes on that countries will start relaxing the testing rules and I can’t see them doing that for people that have not be vaccination fully. Just speculation at this point. But I’m desperate to get the ball rolling with my vaccinations. I think I am likely to be in early June, so both vaccinations and + 10 days by October.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re going in August and I’m hoping we don’t need tests by then. It already states they will look at the measures again at the end of June and July and the beginning of October. There will be 3 of us (2 ad, 1 ch 12). To be honest I’m willing to pay if it means we can go 🙏🌈
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I don’t think I would be priced out. I’ll not be happy if it costs £2-300pp for testing with 10 day isolation, but it won’t stop us going. Looking on BAs website it would be £250 for an Amber country plus probably a PCR before we leave,(likely required by US), this would push it to around £350pp. A total cost of £2100 for 6 of us (4 adults fully vaccinated, and 2 kids under 18).

Our dates booked mean that we can all isolate for 10 days before College & Uni starts. My husband would ‘test to release’ and my son that works with him would just have the time off (bonus for him).

I’m more bothered that I can’t buy 21 day or Annual Passes for the 4 kids (we have annual passes from 2020 so we can renew). We are going for 25 days and don’t want to pay for 2 x 14 day passes per person PLUS all the PCR/LFT tests. I also want to book park days but don’t want to buy tickets for my 4 kids in case we aren’t allowed by either government to travel.

I’ve asked my husband if he wants to wait until October but he doesn’t. In October we couldn’t take the kids because of possible isolation, 3 of them would have just started new College & Uni courses.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

It won’t price me out but I really don’t want to pay that much.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Nope, we are looking at 4 LFT test to get into the states @ £39 each and our kids are exempt from testing to get to UK as they are under 11 so just 2 LFT to get home and 2 PCR once back.

Should only cost us about £400 all in (LFT tests are free in US at Disney test centre)
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Whilst I agree with the caution and there the need for the testing / I do find it unfair that others ‘may’ not have to pay for tests if they have had both vaccinations and whilst I still haven’t had my first (and others in my family haven’t) then we will likely still have to pay.
I do think this is why currently regardless of whether the country is green and you've had a vaccination you still require a test. They would open up all sorts of legal challenges if they allowed vaccinated to travel freely without having offered the vaccine to everyone.

This is why i do believe come the June & August Travel Taskforce reviews that most restrictions around testing will be removed as everybody should be vaccinated or atleast offered one.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I'll pay whatever it takes! I'll just live on rolling rock and chef boyardee tinned food 😄
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List