Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Apr 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My hair is very similar to yours but I have a bit more pure white on the sides and it is fine .
I usually get a T section foils in ash but it is costly and as I haven’t had a colour since January ( I managed to get in between lockdowns ) it doesn’t look too bad .
I use the blue shampoo twice a week to stop yellow tones and although I am due for an appointment this week I’m tempted just to ask for a cut as mine grows so fast .. four inches since January!
I would do it and see how you go You have a very young face🙂
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I started going grey young and have very dark hair (both traits inherited from my dad, he was fully silver by 30) so dyed it to cover for about 15 years as it was super noticeable. I stopped permanent dye a few years ago and let it grow out, it's since all been cut out.

Now I only use an occasional temp or semi box dye if want to cover for a special event or trip. Don't care the rest of the time, even if I am already greyer than my grandmother in her nineties.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You are so lucky. Your hair is a lovely colour now and will fade to your mums colour beautifully.

My hair is naturally so dark and yet my greys are pure white. There is no natural fading, if I don’t dye it, it looks blooming awful. I yearn to be able to transition and get rid of the fuss of dying it.
Old 19 Apr 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Have made a radical decision not to dye my hair anymore, it is mousey brown naturally, but have highlighted for years. Here are my reasons -
- Cost (£100 every three months)
- Time (3 hours approximately) mask now needed for this
- Health (my hair is very fine, and thinning)

Lastly that my grandmothers and my mum, went a beautiful white blonde, not grey, which is a colour I am paying for currently! Am curious to see what happens if I leave my hair for another year or so.

Thought please?

This is my lockdown hair currently.
I think you look great & your colour is lovely too 💕💕💕
An inch or 2 off the ends that’s all you need
I’m lucky in that I’ve never had to colour my hair & spend ages in the chair 😍😍
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Your mum’s hair colour looks great and you would indeed be fortunate to “grey” like that, of course she is not grey at all.

Like most I have become re-acquainted with my natural hair colour over the last year, well perhaps not reacquainted as I have been colouring it for twenty years and didn’t really know where the grey was. I found I am going grey only in certain areas, like around my temples, so I don’t think I would go natural just yet, I will think about it again in five years maybe.

My hair is in quite nice condition at the moment, less washing, less heat treatments, less colouring have done it good.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yes, that’s a lovely hair colour. I’m a redhead going grey, but not evenly. I have a big white stripe at the front of my head
My mum has pure white hair, and my granny did too, rather than grey as such, so imagine i might do the same eventually, but it’s just not even across my parting
Old 19 Apr 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Im virtually 100% grey, so I put a box of black hair dye on every 2 weeks as grey looks so ageing. Much easier if your hair is nice and light - your mum has a lovely hair colour.
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I’m embracing the grey as my hair dresser appointments always fell the wrong side of the various lockdowns.
I have had regular cuts which has removed all of the dry old dye split ends and my hair feels in a lot better condition
It will look lovely
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I decided when I hit 50 that I was going to stop dyeing my hair, I’d been going grey since my mid 20’s, I’d have tram lines 3 weeks after getting a colour and like you it was costing me a fortune, everyone said I wouldn’t like it/go through with it, that just made me more determined!
It took almost a year, but once all the colour had gone my complexion looked much better and I got loads of compliments on the colour, I’ve even been complimented by strangers on my hair and it’s in much better condition than it was, when I look back at photos of when I was colouring it it’s so obvious it wasn’t my own colour it was more ageing, so I’d say go for it, get a funky style and it’ll be fabulous x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Go for it - it’s a lovely hair colour.

I have darker brown hair but the grey is just too silver grey for me to be brave enough to stop dying it yet. My hairdresser had just started dying my roots a more ash blond colour before the last lockdown, with blond sections, and I’m so glad as that has actually made the grey regrowth not quite so obvious as it was before. But I am very glad I have an appointment this week

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List