Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 19 Apr 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Dilemma on when to get tickets

I will be purchasing 3 day base disney tickets and have found undercover tourist to be the best. However tickets appear to only be able to be cancelled up to 90 days before travelling and with all the uncertainty I dont want to loose my money if we can't travel. I would leave it until nearer the time but as parks seem to be getting booked pretty quickly now there's the risk of the parks not being available when we want to go. What would you do? Is there anywhere else that sells disney base day tickets? Is it better to get gate ready tickets too or e tickets?
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We’ve just bought our tickets from Orlando attraction tickets, as long as the operator or airline cancel then we get refunded less £10pp. They have something called ‘ticket guardian’, I searched through other ticket companies and found this to be the best deal and prices for us.
Old 20 Apr 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We decided to get 7 day ultimates, the cost was a little more but we said we could squeeze and evening visit in to a park and a couple of rounds of golf to try and make it worthwhile. We got Covid cover included but also paid £ 10pp for cancellation cover which we can use for any reason.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
barmy82
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Got the same dilema

We’re in very similar position, holiday booked about a week before you and have the same thoughts.

Was going to go with OAT like Hannah. We’ve always used them in the past and covid aside, wouldn’t hesitate to use again.

My only concern is what happens if you purchase the tickets, the holiday goes ahead but parks are severely restricted meaning you don’t get your (substantial) moneys worth!?

But on other hand, don’t want to see prices go through the roof if I wait too long.

Plus I’m way too excited / nervous that I’m going to crack soon.
barmy82 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're still waiting to see how much is going to re-open, whilst the likes of Flight of passage etc is great I can't help but feel that value at AK isn't good, Ep opening at 11:00 or the fact that ride queues in HS are crazy because there are no shows to "soak up" guests. £450 for a UK pass is a no go & we are currently thinking of single days & possibly a MNSSHP. The "use by" once activated is also a stumbling block, currently DVC owners can get an additional 2 days on a 4 day pass but it still has to be used up within 7 days & no good over a 3 week holiday!
We have "frozen" UAP plus considering the SW/BG/AQ pass at £115 & even with single days will still be cheaper than that Ultimate.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

I only wanted one day Disney ticket for Magic Kingdom. I bought from Undercover tourist. We decided we would just have to lose the money if we didn't get to go. BUT this is because we specifically want to go on Thanksgiving day. Been there a few years on this day and it is lovely. Plus I only paid for one ticket. I wouldn't take the risk of paying out for a family, its a lot of money to lose.
Maybe just keep checking the reservation calendar and go by that?
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

I've now ordered direct from disney. The told me if I couldn't go and tickets were not used i could change the date or use the full cost of the tickets towards payment for next year. No refund but I plan on getting there eventually so I'm happy with that. Undercover tourist told me the parks are open so if I cant go il have to claim on travel insurance.
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I don't know what to do either- I want one day at Epcot on 14th September so I am tempted to wait as that park doesn't seem to book up often instead of risking losing £200, but my balance isn't due until mid-June after the initial announcement on travel has been made so I am worried we might miss out

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List